• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Saying hello

svterratima

Big Wheel
I have a 2008 Concourse 14 which I bought new and now has about 10,000 kilometers.  Smooth bike, great riding and no troubles.  if anyone has installed a GIVI plate. I'd appreciate the advice.  I am about to do the isntallation

Welcome! I am on the North Shore. We should hook up sometime. I have an 08 as well.

Welcome to the forum Len. You may want to go down to the introduction section and say hi to everyone and introduce yourself. It's not a  requirement, but you can if you would like.
Anyway, my question: What do you mean by Givi plate? Are you asking about the Givi made mounting rack for the C14? Or maybe another question? Or maybe aftermarket racks that accept a Givi top case? If you would, could you clarify this, so that we can give you the actual answer that your looking for. Again welcome to the forum.

Welcome!

As Bob mentions, are you referring to the OEM Givi mount with the extended braces or something like Phils rack?

I installed the GIVI rack and it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be.  Taking off the panels on the bike is pretty straight forward.  The plastic fasteners can be a bit of a challenge to remove but a little patience goes a long way.  I had purchased a few spares of these and found that I needed to use a couple of them.  The biggest challenge is installing the two bolts that go through the enlarged holes in the tail piece to tie the two mounting pieces together under the seat.  I was fortunate enough to talk to a GIVI rep before I did mine and he suggested installing the bolts from the bottom and not from the top as indicated in their directions.  Doing this worked well for me.  Other than that it was not that bad.  This system gives you a very stable platform for your topcase.

Drop me a note if you have anymore questions that I might be able to help with and good luck. :)