• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Scala Rider Teamset

terrynyc

Just bought a new Teamset online via E-bay for $156 plus shipping. I'll be heading to the Summer Rally in Vermont with my son and will give it a good test. Had a bit of fun figuring out the VOX but we prevailed! ;) Anyone out there have any experience with it? Heard good and bad myself but figured I'd give it a try. It's gotta be better than my 15 year old Nady! :p Terry Faherty COG #792 AMA #526406 NYC Metro AAD and chief bottle washer Bikes may change but a COGer forever!

I converted my Nady to use good speakers and remounted the mic to a connector that lets me plug in any stereo headphones. There is a lot more to the story but the Nady is a lot better then their cheap ask speakers let on. ---------------------------------- I will answer any question. It is up to you to figure out if I should have.
2277636501_61718d569a.jpg
<p align="left"><a href="http://www.flickr.com/photos/20211686@N05/">My Photos<br

OK trip is in the books and I must say that I was pretty impressed with it's performance. Was good up to the 80 mph mark when things got a little less clear. Battery life was excellent. Lasted for a 425 miles and about 11 hours the first day. I forgot to hook them to the recharger but they were fine through a 160 miler the next day (about 6 hours) and were still going strong. Had no problem hearing through earplugs. All in all looks like it was with the money. :) Terry Faherty COG #792 AMA #526406 NYC Metro AAD and chief bottle washer Bikes may change but a COGer forever!

Terrynyc or anybody else. How about an update? Thinking on getting the scalarider blue tooth and would like some input COG # 8062 AMA # 1084053 ROMA or Scarlet harlot acording to my wife

Hey all New here and just chiming in. I have the teamset with bluetooth. Have not made any calls yet. BUT I can tell you that I was disappointed. Not loud enough and the "driver" has to initiate the conversation all of the time or it times out after about 30 seconds and the back seat cannot talk to the front seat unless the front talks first. I know that there is something in the settings I can probably do to get around this but have not checked it out. Also the volume is just not enough. Anything over hiway speeds and it is pretty much not there. So just my two cents. I thought I was getting the one with the radio built in but got the blue tooth instead. I can see where it might come in handy but still need to figure out a way to get some tunes going on with the headset still usable. Jess

Jess, I have the same set that you have and have no problems with it. They are loud enough, the passenger can star talking first and they go off after maybe 30 secends when no voice is going through. While we are talking they never go off. You have to make sure that the little speaker by inside the helmet are set in the right position because you will have trouble in listening the passenger or viceversa. The bluetooth part is great, you can listen to music from your telephone and it works great.