• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Scorpion EXO 1000

I had one for a while before going to a modular helmet,

I liked it,  the inflatable cheek pads were a g-dsend since I was in the process of losing weight and my face kept getting slimmer (Didn't have to buy a new helmet etc every few mos for that)

Fit and finish were nice and it had decent venting IMHO, but it was a tad heavier then I liked.

Still a good helmet for the $

Winter 2011 I picked up EXO1000 Apollo in matte grey on close out for $100 w/ free shipping.  I used it for 1.5 riding seasons.  It fit me well and I liked the internal sun shield, inflatable cheek pads and awesome price. I agree that it is heavier than many others.

If your concidering buying on line or mail order, I recomend trying one on first.  I bought a modular scorpion a full size larger than my old HJC and it is still very tight.

oldsawfiler said:
If your concidering buying on line or mail order, I recomend trying one on first.  I bought a modular scorpion a full size larger than my old HJC and it is still very tight.
+1 I have found that every Scorpion helmet I have is one size large than my wife and my HJC