• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Scorpion Yosemite

I can't comment on that particular jacket, but I've owned a Scorpion Clutch leather jacket for a few months now (bought cheap on closeout), and I can tell you that I've been impressed with it. I used to think of Scorpion as a low-end brand, but the jacket is a quality piece...so hopefully that carries over to other models.

Personally, I've never quite understood the purpose of the longer ADV-styled jackets (doesn't it bunch up around your waist when you sit down on the bike?), but I'm probably missing something. Anyway, the Revzilla reviews are promising, and their return policy is great, so at worst you're out 7 or 8 bucks if you get it home and don't like it.

I don't have the Yosemite, but I have a Scorpion Exo jacket that I bought a few years back that looks exactly like the Yosemite, with a few differences:
1.  Mine does not have solid panels to block air from flowing through the large mesh panels in the body.
2. The arm vents on mine are more the standard length (maybe 6")
3. Mine has the ability to put a hydration bag in the back and has a couple loops and clip to secure the hose at the shoulder and chest.

I use mine as my summer jacket. I too was very impressed with the features and quality of this jacket. It's been super comfortable and has lots of adjustability. The armor feels solid and I really like the 1680 denier in the impact areas.

As for the touring length -- I always thought it was a great complement to the Concours touring setup. The jacket has the ability to unzip or loosen the bottom if needed to avoid having it bunch up, but I personally have not encountered that from the two jackets I use that are this length.