• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Seat

I decided my 1999 with 85K miles needs a new seat.  I have a trip scheduled from Pittsburgh to Roanoke in May and want to get comfortable for the trip but a new Russel of mayer seat is out of the question by this date.  Any suggestions?  Airwing, gelpad, order a corbin?  Any advice is appreciated.

If the seat is worn out. How about a used seat maybe. If not an airhawk or Alaskan sheep skin may help. I always hated all of the factory Concours seats. I have bought Corbin's for both of my C10's and the C14.

Just to offer my 0.02, I killed the foam my original '99, bought new, in what seemed like 4-5000 miles. Was going to do the seat mod thing, picked up an earlier model seat so i could send my stocker off ( a '92'ish, 86-93 are all the same). They are flat compared to the late model. I rode on that seat for over a year and forgot about getting my original redone. That worked for me.
My stock seat (late model version) of my current '97 I had done by Spencer, http://greatdaytoride.com and am very pleased for the price point and value. Quick turn around, good service, 3 years going and still feels good.
I did go with the Supracor option and had the passenger section done also plus some "shaping" here and there, I think all told it was under $150 dollars.

HTH
YMMV

hi, I just posted a notice about sargents diy seat covers. they say it's $59.95 and they're bike specific. the connie is listed. hope this helps

You may get away with just a recover for now. If you like the way your seat is cut and it fits you, a recover may do the trick. Give this guy a call. Rock has built 3 seats for me and he is the best there is.
http://www.rockybags.com/index.html

Roho Airhawk 
I do a lot of miles and this may be my favorite farkle (and i have a few). :bravo_2:

You can't really ask for seat advice. Everyones ass is completely different. Some people love the corbin but more absolutely loathe it. Some love the beads and hate the sheep, some love the sheep and can't stand the hard beads.

I would try the cheaper alternatives first. Order up a beadrider and an alaska leather sheepskin. Try em both out. If you do not like one you can sell it off for just a couple bucks less than you paid for it and not be out much.

Come to think of it, I actually might just have a beadrider somewhere. I'll have to dig it out. I loved my old wooden one on my cruiser, didn't care for it on the concours. Bought the newer ceramic model since the wooded ones tend to peal and splinter your ass and leave a pretty permanent imprint on your seat (goes away after a month or so though).

anyone try the beads under the cover? not sure if i like the look of the beads. Ya and kinda defeats the purpose of airflow but the airgaps would still be there under the cover to insulate.