• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Second time around newbie Ottawa ON.

peckvince5664

Hello, returning member here. Former owner of 1997 and 2003 Connies. Out of the sport (or lifestyle?) in 2014, back in around 3 years ago with a Honda ST1300. Riding past the local bike shop a few months ago when I fell in love with a 2016 GTR1400. I'll be picking her up in a couple of weeks once all the ice and salt has disappeared. I feel like a kid on Christmas eve right now! Several trips planned for this summer/fall.
Happy to be back.

Hello, returning member here. Former owner of 1997 and 2003 Connies. Out of the sport (or lifestyle?) in 2014, back in around 3 years ago with a Honda ST1300. Riding past the local bike shop a few months ago when I fell in love with a 2016 GTR1400. I'll be picking her up in a couple of weeks once all the ice and salt has disappeared. I feel like a kid on Christmas eve right now! Several trips planned for this summer/fall.
Happy to be back.
Welcome back @peckvince5664! Sorry to say - some of the longer 2 weeks in your life are in front of you…. Lol

Congrats on your first C-14. Would love to hear about the rides you have planned. During your time away have you been following along with the forum? Is so what, if any, farkles are you planning? And if not been following along, you got C-14 reading to do!

Glad you are back!

Wayne

@peckvince5664 - Check the online event calendar for upcoming activities. The national rally is in WV. The Greater Toronto Area crew is large and fairly active... not so much so closer to Ottawa due to population density. Maybe you can help make some Ottawa/GTA activities happen. Reach out to AAD Derek Pugh, or contact me via email if you need assistance to get rolling. Thanks.

Welcome back @peckvince5664! Sorry to say - some of the longer 2 weeks in your life are in front of you…. Lol

Congrats on your first C-14. Would love to hear about the rides you have planned. During your time away have you been following along with the forum? Is so what, if any, farkles are you planning? And if not been following along, you got C-14 reading to do!

Glad you are back!

Wayne
Thanks Wayne. I haven't been following the forum during my absence, for most of the time I was unfortunately without a ride. The only additions that I am planning, at the moment anyway, are a top box and perhaps cruise control. As far as trips go I'll likely stay fairly local, plenty of awesome scenery within 4 or 5 hours of home. If I'm able to get sufficient time off work I might do a lap of lake Ontario, also hoping to make it out to Bar Harbor Maine. I'm still working, my schedule is very sporadic so it's difficult to plan very far ahead. You're correct about the amount of reading I'll be doing on this site. So much information!

Glad to be back!

Vince.