• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Sena 10 vs Scala Q2

Sport rider

Iron Butt
I used a Q2 for close to 10 years.  I liked it well enough, but it finally got a good rain-storm-soaking and gave up on me.  the only negative I ever had with it was the speakers were not loud enough at higher speeds (competing against wind noise in the helmet). 

I bought a new set of Sena 10's to replace the Q2.  the speakers are better and overall controls are just fine, but the thing that bugs me about them is the lack of wind noise filtering/cancellation.  The Q2 did a great job of filtering noise and I could keep it queued up without any wind noise from the other rider through the speakers.  The Sena stinks in this regard.  the wind noise in the speakers is just rediculous.

anyone else have similar or counter experiences????

I'll be interested in reading the replies as I'm considering a new Intercom now.

I think I'm going to get the Sena 10U as it's built into the helmets and supposedly generates less wind noise.

Ride safe, Ted

Sport Rider said:
I bought a new set of Sena 10's to replace the Q2.  the speakers are better and overall controls are just fine, but the thing that bugs me about them is the lack of wind noise filtering/cancellation.  The Q2 did a great job of filtering noise and I could keep it queued up without any wind noise from the other rider through the speakers.  The Sena stinks in this regard.  the wind noise in the speakers is just rediculous.

anyone else have similar or counter experiences????

I have used Sena now for about 3 years.  I have experienced good quality sound in my modulars (HJC, Shoei).  I usually ride up to 80mph for wind noise comparisons.  I am not always zipping around but when I do, I find the sound quality to be quite good from my iPhone feeding the Sena.  My music is usually smooth instrumental Jazz so the treble and Bass ranges are not too high or low.

I do wear ear plugs while riding and the sound quality is still quite good.

I like programming the Sena's FM function with local stations but mostly I listen to streaming content.

My two cents.

Matt, my sound quality is ok, but the problem is the background wind noise which comes from a paired unit.  when the "talk" button is pushed, I get lot's of wind noise from my girlfriend's mic.  when I answer the phone with my unit, the voice from phone works fine for me.  able to hear it ok, even at speed.  problem is the person on the other end hears the wind noise from my mic.

got a reply back from Sena about my wind noise problem.  here is their recommendation:

https://p4.zdusercontent.com/attachment/98935/Cla7pJhaGgSYw984HP2NubT8E?token=eyJhbGciOiJkaXIiLCJlbmMiOiJBMTI4Q0JDLUhTMjU2In0..QeKnjBdg9FxYWml1ipMuEQ.Rn1PuxLY04BLFDiM9CG37HhqoTO1wm1eRO8XUh6iItlT0ZhlsxcPUcOMTUi_XNQSYANSCmv7KtG6mgTnyRTVSTK-TrIJlIYYUdFAmHkRneLQXC-qNDiZ_UXOLYRXFG3s6brTpund2s-TukJDyDfBV1PHme39R54soEycpHFsh70NgulbHS__ap9WIUXZVLh-Zk-JjFscqTmcHZi_1fUjOCSPBojk7QM_jpL1_BHtv9nMqgU1YxJrqy0huCNbdmvCFgjPERKOrEBij7-e1uNarnDc-ueNYzGPq5Unb-7f4vw.CcQfFJJV6eChdSLlNP2xNw

you gotta be kidding me!  :-[