• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

SENA SMH10

simply40

Training Wheels
Mods If this is the wrong place please move,
There was some discussion about helmet intercoms on another forum and I sent an e-mail to the guy I bought my sena from to see if he would provide Concours riders with a discount.  His e-mail follows, the guy has been straight up with me and shipped fast.  I have no interest in this offer but thought it may interest others.**************

http://radiorider.com/default.aspx

There are that many Concours in Bemidji?!  Ha Ha.  I drive a FJR1300, so I ‘m riding a similar style bike.  Fun stuff.

I tell you what...  Since you’re a local and you ride a great bike,  I’ll sell to your friends for $275 for a Dual Pack, $155 for a single Pack SENA product.  We will also give you FREE PRIORITY SHIPPING.  Just tell them “RadioRider.com loves Concours” and if they say they are on the “Concours Forum and tell RadioRider.com what year and color they ride”, they can get the discount. 

OK?

Ron Flemming

PMB#173
4302 13th Ave S, Ste 4
Fargo, ND 58103
Toll Free 888-939-4440

I really like my sena but, unless your sure you want speakers, get the optional earbud base plate.  The helmet speakers just didn't do it for me.

I'm just sitting here thinking about how 10 years ago, there were only one or two companies that offered any kind of Motorcycle Intercom system. Now days it seems like you can't throw a rock and not hit a new Motorcycle Intercom company.

Its really great to see more options out there for us. However, I have yet to see anyone offer a system that uses active noise cancelling headsets like Bose and others make. If someone could make a system that would reduce the road noise so I didn't have to wear earplugs, I'd be all over it.

Love my SMH 10.  Range is at least 1/4 mile, bike to bike.  Has come in very handy while coaching my GF, who is a new rider.

Ordered Sun. night, arrived this (Wed) afternoon, installed & tested this evening.  Sound is great, as is the intercom...wife on her own bike got a good 12+ seconds behind & sounded clear.  Range dropped some when out of sight around a corner, but then again, we did that on purpose to test the units.  In normal riding, flawless.

Oh, and I got the discount from radiorider.com as well.  :)  Thanks, Ron!

Anyone want to buy a couple of UClears...used 4 times over 2 weeks??  Who knows, the Starcom might go as well, depending on how well the Sena does on a trip in a couple of weeks.

Yeah, I found the same thing, re: range.  If there is LOS range is pretty darn good, more distance than I like to put between my GF and I, for sure.  Around corners, etc, it is shorter, but still very good.

I also have been very happy with the weatherproofness (?) of the unit.  Have ridden in some serious rains and no issues bike to bike, mp3, etc.

I highly recommend the SMH10.

Sly,  My base unit is permanently attached to the helmet.  I never ride without the Sena turned on.  No problems with weather yet.  Have not ridden in very hard rain though.

oldsawfiler said:
Sly,  My base unit is permanently attached to the helmet.  I never ride without the Sena turned on.  No problems with weather yet.  Have not ridden in very hard rain though.

I did this past weekend, a frog strangler for 45 minutes, no problems with either unit. 

I've got about 2k miles on my Sena headsets. I've used them extensively with a pillion, three times with a fellow rider, and everyday with my iPhone for tunes.

Love 'em. Yes, sometimes they don't cooperate, but they work perfectly 90% of the time... and when they don't work, I just have to make a few more efforts to get the function I'm looking for to work.

I did, however, have to send my main one back last week. After three weeks of regular use the charging port separated from the circuit board, so it wouldn't charge.

We'll see what the warranty turn-around time is.

I love my SENA.  Can't believe I went so long without this but then again the technology has really improved over the past couple years as well.  I rode in heavy rain for about 45 minutes and didn't have any problems.  Highly recommended.  Also got mine from Ron at Radiorider and had zero problems.