• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Seneca Rocks area lodging ???

DeansZG

mapping out my prostate surgery recovery ride(cancer sux, but I've got the all clear now) & am thinking about a ride thru the Seneca Rocks area before heading to pts. west.
 Wondering how the teepees are for camping at Yokum's campground?  I will be packing a tent, but this would be just for the novelty of it...    anybody tried them out?
  Time frame will be last minute, around the end of Sept / first part of Oct depending on the weather.
 Hopefully this will be ahead of all the road clogging, colored leaf seekers in their wallowing, slow-as-hell motorbarges.

DeansZG said:
mapping out my prostate surgery recovery ride(cancer sux, but I've got the all clear now) & am thinking about a ride thru the Seneca Rocks area before heading to pts. west.
  Wondering how the teepees are for camping at Yokum's campground?  I will be packing a tent, but this would be just for the novelty of it...    anybody tried them out?
  Time frame will be last minute, around the end of Sept / first part of Oct depending on the weather.
Hopefully this will be ahead of all the road clogging, colored leaf seekers in their wallowing, slow-as-hell motorbarges.

I highly recommend "Princess Snowbird" camp there, I gues you may be calling it Yokums... iirc that is the name of the store on the corner...
They have very fair prices, never stayed in the "fiberglass teepee", but have stayed in their cabins many times... super nice, and resonably priced.... my wife and I stayed there many times for our "aniversary" get aways in the spring... if you have another couple, or even two, sharing one of the log cabins is the way to go, and makes it less cost than camping... comfey, everything except for food is there.. no sleeping bag required... even a hot tub. If that's your thang...
The grounds directly across from Seneca Rocks are nice, clean, and surprisingly quiet... and, you can walk over to the store and restaurant, and pizza place...(mmmm good piza man...), and have a relaxing time...
I give it 5 thumbs up, and the riding there is... well.... there is a reason we did a natiknal rally at Canaan valley, which is less than a half hour from there...

I simply love that area...