• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Sept. 14 Red Bull Indianapolis GP - Anyone going?

ghabel

My brother-in-law Pat, my sister, me, and my wife will be there Thurs - Mon. Any other COGers going? We decided not to bring the bikes but would love to meet up with some folks while we are in the area. Greg COG # 7010/7010a (Tracey) CDA 0120 Connie Droppers Anonymous Awards Dude (CDAAD) 99 Connie "Herrin Christabelle". 05 Ninja 250

Got a gaggle of COGers going from NYC. Scott Sorger and I are flying out on Fri. Jim Clark and Lloyd Ericsen are doing the RV thang. We'll be staying at the nearest hotel, according to Jim, a little expensive but less driving involved. Scott and I will be sportin a fire breathing rental econobox. :p We're leaving Mon also. My first Motogp! :) Terry Faherty COG #792 AMA #526406 NYC Metro AAD and chief bottle washer Bikes may change but a COGer forever!

Got a gaggle of COGers going from NYC. Scott Sorger and I are flying out on Fri. Jim Clark and Lloyd Ericsen are doing the RV thang. We'll be staying at the nearest hotel, according to Jim, a little expensive but less driving involved. Scott and I will be sportin a fire breathing rental econobox.
Sweet - any good local beer in Indy? Our first MotoGP as well. Go Hopkins on the Kaw ZZR! Greg COG # 7010/7010a (Tracey) CDA 0120 Connie Droppers Anonymous Awards Dude (CDAAD) 99 Connie "Herrin Christabelle". 05 Ninja 250

Thats a good question Greg. Any locals have any suggestions? Beer...it's not just for breakfast any more! ;p Terry Faherty COG #792 AMA #526406 NYC Metro AAD and chief bottle washer Bikes may change but a COGer forever!

Some discussion on the other forum: http://forum.concours.org/index.php?topic=46490.0 Greg H from Mass, Connie Droppers Anonymous Awards Dude COG# 7010,a Tracey CDA 120 99 Connie "Herrin Christabelle", 05 Ninja 250

I am riding from DFW with a couple of guys from the Ride for Kids group (we are involved with event at track Sat PM). Hopefully weather holds out - plan B is to drive up. The event website - www.redbullindianapolisgp.com - shows alot going on. I have been to Indy for 2 '500's' and 3 Formula 1 races. My favorite part (other than IMS) is downtown. There should be plenty of partying and events there over the weekend. Put your keys away and visit the Slippery Noodle - a blues bar near Union Station. When at IMS don't forget to tour the museum - have fun. 2006 Concours

We'll be there (Section H). Leaving here Weds. evening after work with local COGger, Clyde Watson and will stop in Lewisburg, WV for the night. We'll then head on up Indy way Thursday morning. We'll be meeting up with his son and a couple others from the Atlanta just south of Indy (Martinsville). A local friend Clyde's son has a big travel trailer we'll be staying in. Planning on taking a couple of days to get back, so who knows what route we'll be taking. Guy

Back from Indy..... I rode out with another local COG member, Clyde Watson. I couldn't get away from work until 5:00 Weds. evening, so Clyde took off a little earlier and we hooked up in Lewisburg, WV that night. We pretty much stayed on the I'states until we got a 100 or so miles south of Indy, then took some scenic back roads up to a town just south of there (Martinsville). Turned out we'd selected some of the premier roads in the area that folks like to blitz. If you forget the rain Friday and Sunday, coupled with extremely high winds on Sunday, the 3-day event was awesome. That was the first time I'd been to an RR event of this caliber, and I was impressed. Also went to the mile flat track races Saturday night with a bunch of folks I'd met from the ZRX Owners Group. Had the cheap seats (infield). The layout of the track gave you limited viewing, so we just hung out at the fence between 1 & 2. Thought we'd opt for the grandstands next year**, but heard later there were sections of the track you couldn't see from them either - like the start finish line. That sucks! Saw Terry Faherty and Scott Sorger in the Indy complex, but never did see Jim Clark and Lloyd Ericsen. Coming back Monday, we headed down I-65 and got off at Austin, took Rte. 256 down to Madison to cross the river, then cut a swath across KY on a bunch of backroads, winding up at Breaks Interstate Park on the KY/VA border, where we stayed the night. Tuesday morning we headed out and took the Heritage Coal Trail roads (the Dragon ain't got squat compared to these) that took us down to 58, hit the Mount Rogers section. We were gonna ride up the BRP, but it was foggy and rainy when we hit Meadows of Dan, so we just stayed on 58 to Danville, took 29 for a short distance (missed the exit to continue on 58) then state route 360 over to US 360. Got home around 5:00 Tuesday evening. 1644 miles for me, with an aver, mpg of 50. Not bad for a 147K mile '95. ** Plans are already made ;)

Guy, Sorry we didn't meet up. I agree the event was awesome. Like any sport it's so different than watching it on the tube. The cheering, gasps, etc from the crowd is all so real. We had supper with Terry and Scotty at the RAM brewpub Sat night. Also met 1 local Concours owner at the Museum entrance on Sat at 1 pm. Pictures to follow.... Greg H from Mass, Connie Droppers Anonymous Awards Dude COG# 7010,a Tracey CDA 120 99 Connie "Herrin Christabelle", 05 Ninja 250

Greg wrote: "Also met 1 local Concours owner at the Museum entrance on Sat at 1 pm." Terry & Scott told me you were trying to get a COG herd together, but figured I wouldn't get back in time for the dry pavement qualifying runs for the big guyz. Saw a lot of Connies present, old and new, but didn't get a chance to talk with any. Most were on the move. Really liked the looks of the black C14 Kawasaki had on display in their expo exhibit. Uh, also liked the looks of the "new" BWM 800GS in the tent next door. Unfortunately, I made the mistake of sitting on it. Really nice ergos. :eg:

Finally....... I was able to get my pictures from the w/e off the media cards. The night I got back my monitor croaked, so I had no way of using my computer. The bad one is off for warranty repairs, but decided to carry my one from work home so I could use the computer that has my card reader attached. They're not great, but at least they are available for viewing. They can be seen at: http://gbyoung2.smugmug.com/gallery/6011461_83pjb#375876448_9PC3t Guy

Pictures from the trip. Click here for the album: http://good-times.webshots.com/album/567535467qtzeSX?vhost=good-times Greg H from Mass, Connie Droppers Anonymous Awards Dude COG# 7010,a Tracey CDA 120 99 Connie "Herrin Christabelle", 05 Ninja 250

Just getting caught up on things around here (I haven't frequented the forum in quite awhile) and sorry I didn't check this last month before heading out. Rode out on the Connie and was staying with a buddy north of Indy... we drove in each day in his Jeep, but I did see plenty of Connies (new & old) around. Had a great time, and will definitely be back in '09. Would be great to hook up with folks out there.

Just getting caught up on things around here (I haven't frequented the forum in quite awhile) and sorry I didn't check this last month before heading out. Rode out on the Connie and was staying with a buddy north of Indy... we drove in each day in his Jeep, but I did see plenty of Connies (new & old) around. Had a great time, and will definitely be back in '09. Would be great to hook up with folks out there.

Wrote up a little article for the Concourier on our trip. Should be in the next issue. Would definitely like to attend again next year. That reminds me I need to get some cash to Jim for next year's tickets! :gasp: Terry Faherty COG #792 AMA #526406 NYC Metro AAD and chief bottle washer Bikes may change but a COGer forever!