• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Server Running Slow TODAY Monday

No shirt Sherlock, took me two hours to get on so I can complain about not being able to get on.  Maybe we need two servers so we can pick the one that works today. 

According to the hosting provider another user is hammering the system.
They are working to resolved this. For sure if it happens too often we will look to move to a dedicated resource.

Looks like there was an issue with the file system that had to be rebuilt.

All is now OK, sorry for any inconvenience  :'(

Colin

Colin said:
Folks

The server is very slow right now, I have a support call raised to fix it.

:(

Colin

It is taking forever to load the picture in your sig line. That could tie up bandwidth and slow the server as well (I think)

2180274810053667879S600x600Q85.jpg

Dan

Bergmen said:
It is taking forever to load the picture in your sig line. That could tie up bandwidth and slow the server as well (I think)

Dan

Linked photos do not affect the bandwidth or speed of the server.  The speed at which they load is directly related to the size of the image, the bandwidth & speed of server they are hosted on, and the speed of your computer and your local bandwidth.

S Smith said:
Bergmen said:

Dan

Linked photos do not affect the bandwidth or speed of the server.  The speed at which they load is directly related to the size of the image, the bandwidth & speed of server they are hosted on, and the speed of your computer and your local bandwidth.

Ah-so. This happens each time I open a page with a post by Colin, it sounds like the server where it is hosted is the culprit since we have pretty fast service out here (Comcast Cable).

Dan

Colin has a link, in his siggy, to an image which can't be found.

This one:
Code:
http://thumb12.webshots.net/t/75/75/7/6/78/2447706780100596652fCpIlv_th.jpg

That should not affect the loading of the rest of the page.  Every once in a while it is slow loading but it is not very often now.

Wow the forum and the main cog-online website have been really slow lately.
Getting pretty frustrating trying to find all my necessary info for the Northwest Rally.

MrPepsi said:
Wow the forum and the main cog-online website have been really slow lately.
Getting pretty frustrating trying to find all my necessary info for the Northwest Rally.

The server that this forum is running on IS having some major performance issues.
I am working to find out if we are being a victim of our own success as our bandwidth usage has quadrupled in the last 3 months, or if its due to another user on our shared infrastructure.
I have a support ticket raised and am working on this right now.
If need be we will upgrade to a dedicated system.

the main COG website on cog-online.org is on a completely different server, so if that's slow that's a different issue.
If concours.org is slow that IS on the same server as the forum.

Bottom line I'm a workin on it boss!  :motonoises: 

Er... thanks LoL  :truce:

I think we should probably move to their VPS hosting, but that's not a simple 5 min job!
And I'm pretty slammed in July as the kids are here.

I think a little slowness is acceptable.
I would think the forum probably allows banners, you could put a banner up explaining the slowness and let people know it will be dealt with after July when everyone returns from the rallys. :)

MrPepsi said:
I think a little slowness is acceptable.
I would think the forum probably allows banners, you could put a banner up explaining the slowness and let people know it will be dealt with after July when everyone returns from the NATIONAL RALLY. :)

I fixed it for you  :))