• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

SF Bay Area

motonerd14

Street Cruiser
Anyone interested in doing some kind of ride out this way? I'm in Oakland and would love to be able to get a group of Connies together (and also bring along a friend on his 650 V-Strom if that's ok...)

Lake Berryessa is fun, as are most of Napa and Marin county. I'm open to ideas and am happy to help coordinate.  :great:

(Oops, posted this in the wrong child board. Any chance this can be moved to the SW area instead? Sorry about that!)

motonerd14 said:
Anyone interested in doing some kind of ride out this way? I'm in Oakland and would love to be able to get a group of Connies together (and also bring along a friend on his 650 V-Strom if that's ok...)

Lake Berryessa is fun, as are most of Napa and Marin county. I'm open to ideas and am happy to help coordinate.  :great:

(Oops, posted this in the wrong child board. Any chance this can be moved to the SW area instead? Sorry about that!)

Could always just re-post it and have it showing in two spots.

I'm down in San Jose, but don't go north too often. Too much traffic for the riding opportunities. I stay in either the southern Diablo Mtns, or the Santa Cruz Mtns. If you want to do a run to Alice's and the coast, let me know.

JPavlis_CA said:
I'm down in San Jose, but don't go north too often. Too much traffic for the riding opportunities. I stay in either the southern Diablo Mtns, or the Santa Cruz Mtns. If you want to do a run to Alice's and the coast, let me know.

I'm in Oakland so not far away. Alice's has an excellent veggie burger too. Maybe we can get something up on the calendar for the beginning of August? I'll also be volunteering as a survey taker at the WSBK next weekend if anyone wants to come down to Laguna Seca.  :great:

Chris - I've got a pass for all 3 days, but may only be down there on Sunday. I'll be parking in the Green (#4 or 5) parking by turn 2. I'm going to try to get some pictures from somewhere near turn 1 at the start of the 1st race on Sunday, after that I'll be along the fence on the outside of turn 5, my current favorite place for photos. I used to like turn 6 and up the hill towards 7, but over the years they changed the config of the spectator area and the photo ops aren't as good. Don't know if my bum knee will allow me to get up to the Corkscrew.

I'll ping you off-line with my cell #