• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Shiftin' N Grinnin' '09

Victor Salisbury

WOW! what a great time. Cassie and I got home Saturday night and we cannot stop talking about the past week. We had an excellent time, it was great to make new friends and renew old friendships. John Carver and the rally team did an awesome job, the resort was fantastic and the staff helpful in every way possible. The rally was one of the best and that is a tribute to all who attended, helped and put forth the best face of the Concours Owners Group. I heard of many riders who stopped by to check us out, and they were pleasantly impressed, I think we even gained a few members, thanks to the great members we already have. Join for the bike, stay for the people. How true.... Thanks all!!

Vic, you and John and the rest of the staff did a great job. I had a fantastic time. The resort, the roads, even the weather, was perfect (yes, even the t-storms on Thursday). I got my son's Viffer safely back to him in Chattanooga after riding through the clouds on the Cherohala Skyway on Friday, and Delta Airlines even got me AND my luggae back to Seattle on time on Sunday. What a trip.

Vic, need to know how to contact the Kaw guy who had the light show bike at the reg area. I lost his contact info.Looking into how effect was done and who did it. Thanks.....

Jerry That was Channing's bike... I recall he had the name of the sponsors on the bike. I looked at one of my phtos and saw Street Image LEDs... Here is a link to their web: http://www.streetmagicleds.com -- Steve Smith, COG #3184 COG Northeast Area Director (somewhere in south central CT)
larryline.gif
If you're not living on the edge, you're taking up too much space.

Vic, John, all: I had the best time. This was my first rally in the 6 yrs of my membership. The roads were fantastic. Got more confident and comfortable at almost mach speeds going through some really good curves. Better understand my "afterburner" when passing, etc. Just really good riding and with some really good folks. My '99 'lectric was flawless and almost as good looking as Larry Buck's ! Phil COG#5879

My first COG Rally. What a trip!!! My hat is off to all of you that put together this rally, a superb job indeed!!! I "MET" all my friends for the internet there, my "OLD" friends and many new ones too! OH, the snake is still in the mountains, I asked Tina to take it back with her to let it loose there. What a wonderful time I had and I llok forward to try to plan to the 2010! Me and the hat! Hugs to you all!

This was my first rally too and it was AWESOME!!! I met some of the best people i've ever met in my rides, and had a blast. Sadly my connie decided to go to the great twisty in the sky on the way home (blew the engine) so I'm replacing her with a non Conc, but I am staying in COG.... Came for the bike, and after meeting all of you at the rally I'm staying for the people! Looking forwward to Tomah!!! :)

Vic: You were a member of that team, it could not have happened without you. Now I'm going to spill the beans. :) Folks: Vic and I go back, well longer than I will admit to. :) While at several of the Run With The Wolf rallys we often talked about hosting a national in the southeast. Oh, Calvin was often a part of those late night conversations. Yes they did include 'southern tea' or for those not in the know, a Kentucky product. Well Calvin went off and did his thing without much forewarning, he hosted the 03 National. That left Vic and I still with the dream. I had just about given up on it becoming reality with Vic being overseas for a bit. But once he got back and settled, things fell into place that would make it possible for our dream to happen. So like a fool, I stated, we can do this and started the process. Now the truth be known, Calvin gave me a lot of wisdom on what and how to do things. Vic brought some of the miracles about. Al was great at hosting the campground. Larry was . . . . there isn't enough words. To me Larry is the classic southern gentleman. Add to that that he knows the connie inside and out. No one can top him on making an appealing talk on what the bike can do. Ken, our ED did up all of the routes, even the dual sport. Marcia, his wife brought about the miracle of the women's program. Gary, you did great with the evening fires. Eddie and Jim, you were invaluable. I know I'm leaving out a lot of names, but you know who you are and I do appreciate your efforts. (BTW, I'm not good with names, faces, yes.) All in all, this was a team effort of volunteers that performed magnificently! For that I "Thank You", for myslef and everyone else. Even though I worked far more than I expected, I had a great time. Only regrets, not having more time with people and getting to ride a bit more. Now I had five fabulous weekends up there exploring and setting this up, so most likely I had more riding time that most. But I still managed to miss Foothills Parkway every time. That's OK, I'll get it one day. One comment I read from someone earlier, "I rode more curves in a week than I have ridden in 9 years". In reply, "Glad you enjoyed it." I've had some rides through that area that will never be equaled. Highway 28 from the river bridge to Hwy 129 is one of the most beautiful rides one could ever expect. But the topper for me, Hwy 441 north from Cherokee, at night, with a full moon coming up over the mountains. I'll just put it like this, one of the most beautiful sights one could ever hope to see. COG continues to make progress through volunteer efforts, may it never end. Would I do this again, yes, but not for a little while. Just remember the old Irish proverb, and yes, I do have some Irish in me. tcars John

I had a truly wonderful time at my first National and still can't stop talking about it. Many thanks to all of you who helped put it together. I gained a new perspective on riding the Connie and it continues to reward me every time I ride it. The ride routes were great and I won't soon forget blasting through the twisties in NC as the Sun rose through the clouds on my way home.