• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Shinko 777 Tire wear rate

jb_cb900

Street Cruiser
When I installed my last 777, I measured tread wear at 1K intervals.  I thought this way I'd be able to reasonably predict if I have enough tread left for road trips in the future with my next 777.  This tire had 6K of road trips (highway/twistys) intermixed with 3K of daily commuting to and from work in town.

Attachments

• Shinko 777 Wear.JPG
    Shinko 777 Wear.JPG
    26.6 KB · Views: 149
I ran 777s for about 4 years, getting similar results.
I averaged about 11K miles per tire.
Best cost-per-mile tire. No complaints.

Used one on my Nomad...think I’m going to try a 160/70-17 along with the soon to be released 120/70-17 Pirelli Sport Demon...bias ply tires for a little more mileage than the radials I now have...want to stay with the 70 series in the rear...

Interesting read! I just started using the Shinko 777(rear), paired with a Michelin PR2 (front). I have found the bike handles quite well with this combo. I ride the C10 darn near exclusively with my wife in tow, and I am projecting around 10,000 miles on the 777 also. The PR2 should do about the same. We do ride some twisties, but this set of tires has had a lot of  80 mph "slabwork".  I already have another 777/PR2 set as back up. Once the PR2's dry up, I will probably try a PR4 unless I see a better suggestion.

I ran a set 777s on my Harley sportster...burned it up in 5K...have another 777 on the softail and will see how that fares

Haven't tried on the C10 but I did run some Shinko SR733F/SR734R,  lasted 20,447 front and  19,490 rear...from my log book....

I ran through about 8-10 777's. Wear rate was from 9-12,xxx miles, mostly about 10-11.

The 9xxx time was quite a bit in ARkansas in 95* weather and riding all those chip seal roads as they were intended. Yeehaw!

Just checked my 777HD with 9K on it. Looks to be good for another 6or7K. Previously I swore by Wing sized E3s, but they just cost too much. They were good for at least 20K though.

Tom Taylor COG#7173

mr t said:
Just checked my 777HD with 9K on it. Looks to be good for another 6or7K. Previously I swore by Wing sized E3s, but they just cost too much. They were good for at least 20K though.

Tom Taylor COG#7173

Apparently you are not abusing that tire nearly enough.  :rotflmao: :motonoises: :motonoises: :beerchug:

Hiya Tom!  :s_hi: