• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Shinko tire question...

I have been quite happy with my Shinko Raven tires.  I have run 4 sets with absolutely NO problems at all.  I need to replace them, and my usual supplier (Jake Wilson) doesn't have the Raven's in stock.  I'm unsure of the other tires, and just wondered if anyone has any REAL experience with the Advance or Verge tires? 

I put the Verge's on my dad's BMW,  he said it's OK but doesn't handle as well as the other tires he's used,  never heard of anyone putting them on a 14... :(

I ran 011 Verge's on my C10 that's been modified to run 17's.  I got close to 10k miles on them and handling was very good.  on a 14, I suspect your mileage will be somewhat less though.  The only problem I had was with my front.  it got significant cracks in the tread at end-of-life.

Thanks for the input guys.  Like I said, I've been running the 009 Raven's and have been VERY pleased with those!  I have been getting 6,000 miles out of the rear.  The front could go longer, but I usually replace them as a pair.  As it turns out, I did find them (009 Ravens) at Jake Wilson.  172 bucks delivered to my house!  Can't beat that!  Now if I could just get my tire changer!

for reference, a guy at Shinko told me the 009s should get more mileage.  I've been happy with the 11s though, so not tried the 009s.

have tried the 011,s and they are great. great linear  turn in,  great cornering, absolute total confidence, to scrap pegs, but poor wear. got 4,000 on the front and only 2,700 on one rear. 2nd rear looks like maybe 3,500, at best.  that was being very easy about 90% of the time. the tires performance & feel do not deteriorate at all as they wear, as the bridgestones. i ride a gsxr 1000 and a bmw s1000rr, so i tend to push hard, but i tried hard to ride the c-14 as easy as i could. now i have a pr3 on the front and 3,000 on the verge, in the back.  feels fine with that combo. the pr3 goes on the back, in 400 to 500 miles.  i talked to the shinko people and told them i love the verge, but the mileage issue has to be improved.