• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Shipping Vendors

rlievenski4555

I just bought a Concours and need to have it shipped from the Houston, Tx area to near Grand Rapids, MI in early to mid-April. Tried Shiply for quotes and want to know if there are recommendations for getting my baby home safely. Thanks

I've never shipped a bike or had any dealings with this company, but I think I would use Haulbikes.com. I say this simply because it is their specialty, they only haul bikes. Not to mention I've seen their trucks & they have very nice late model equipment which I consider a reflection on how they do business.

Haulbikes.com - 1-888-haul-bikes

When I was living in Nebraska, I had a guy living in New York that was interested in buying my c10, even though he was the one looking into shipping the bike, I did learn a few things about shipping a motorcycle.
1) It's pricey
2) It can take a few weeks to get your bike
you are on their time frame.
3) You have to get the bike to their designated pu location. (the closest pu location for me was 10 miles away)

I agree with Konehead about flying and riding, if you have the time.

Lastly, Ted is from the Houston area and is really good at trailering so well...uh.. maybe.....šŸ¤£šŸ¤£

Seriously, I hope it all comes together for you and you are enjoying your new to you c14 soon. Keep us updated on the route you take šŸ‘

Be safe and stay healthy
Dale

I have used Haulbikes.com twice to transport bikes across country and was satisfied with their pricing and delivery.
This was a great suggestion! I was getting individuals who had no bonding or business insurance. Haulbikes has been very professional, is bonded, and offers $15 K of insurance with each shipment. I do not mind the wait as we still have ice and snow in Michigan. If it were later in the year, I would definitely fly down and ride her back.