• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Side bags/cases?

brez

Tricycle
New here.
Looking at buying used concours, but has no bags.  Apparrently, it was a repo, and they never got the bags.  Thoughts/suggestions/concerns?  Thanks.

New here.
Looking at a used concours which is missing side bags.  Apparrently a repo bike that did not have bags on at time of repo.  Thoughts/suggestions/concerns.  Thanks very much for any input/advice.

I moved this thread here temporarily until we know which Concours your looking at. Is it a Concours14 or an original 1000cc Concours? Then we'll direct this thread to the appropriate section. So first off, which type of Concours are we talking about here?

OK since there was two threads on this same subject. I have merged them into one thread on this "C14 section's" thread. I hope the bike is a C14 since the second thread was started in this section. The other thread that was posted in forum rules and temporarily moved to the say anything section, is now merged into this thread, and only exists here now!

Anyway, I don't know if they make aftermarket hard bags for the C14. SO you may have to purchase OEM C14 bags either new or used. You will also have a keying issue for the new bags. Another option is going with soft luggage.
I would hope the price of this bike is very, very cheap if you have to deal with this. I would check this out real good before buying!

Thanks bob.
Yeah... Noticed that i posted in the wrong spot, originally.
Yes... Looking at 09 c14.
Not sure what kind of luck they are going to have selling that bike without the bags.  The research i did suggests that they are very expensive.  Do you know if there is a way to track a vin back to theprevious owner who might still have this bike's original bags?  Also, do you know what a fair price for a leftover 09 abs might be, these days?
Thanks again.

No, not unless he left something on the bike that identified him (registration, insurance, etc). In that case you may be able to track him down.

You can also try your luck on e-bay. The bike is quite usefull with out them. many don't ever use theres unless going on long trips. I say buy if price is right and just keep an eye open for bags. Maybe put a trunk case on untill you find them.

ZRXwannabe said:
You can also try your luck on e-bay. The bike is quite usefull with out them. many don't ever use theres unless going on long trips. I say buy if price is right and just keep an eye open for bags. Maybe put a trunk case on untill you find them.

I'm one of the the people who mainly only uses them on trips! But there is a difference between having them and not using them all the time and not having them at all.
Like I said earlier, it would have to very cheap for me to buy it. Remember the panniers are expensive, and they're still expensive even if you find them used. They will also be keyed different unless you go through the expense of having things re-keyed to match. Just a lot of extra BS that I don't want to deal with unless the bike was practically a give away! OK, just very, very cheap!