• Do you want to post in the COG forum? Join the club (free limited trial membership available) or upgrade/renew your membership to enjoy full posting privileges.
    For simple instructions, click here
  • Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Signature Line Rules & Creation

ForumAdmin

Administrator
Staff member
Member
Rules
All signatures should not exceed the following size limits.    4 lines normal size, 8 lines small size and up to 90 chars per line. (Blank lines count as lines.)    For images in signatures: 1 image up to 300 pixels wide, 125 pixels tall and 20k in size    Duplicate links to the same URL in a signature are not allowed. 

How To
Create a custom signature block:

First navigate to your profile: Profile > Forum Profile
There you will find the Signature section where you can add text and images to your profile.
You are able to add formatting tags similar to HTML to highlight or bold your text etc and add a link to an image image hosted elsewhere on the web. For example the code in a signature block can  look like this:
Code:
[b]Fred Blogs[/b]  
[i]Bottle Washing Officer[/i]
AMA# 1082227  
ROK# 20033345
[URL=http://rides.webshots.com/photo/2447706780100596652fCpIlv][IMG]http://thumb12.webshots.net/t/75/75/7/6/78/2447706780100596652fCpIlv_th.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

The b and /b in the square brackets says the text inside the brackets/braces is to be bold,
the i and /i is to italicize the text.
The text/code for the image and link was taken straight from my Webshots account.


To copy the code above select the "select" link above and copy to your clip board and paste it into note pad or whatever to edit it with your own text and image link and then copy that to the signature section in your profile

It looks like this:

Fred Blogs
Bottle Washing Officer
[font=verdana, arial, helvetica, sans-serif]AMA# 1082227  [/font]
[font=verdana, arial, helvetica, sans-serif]ROK# 2003345[/font]
2447706780100596652fCpIlv_th.jpg
 
Dear Forum-Admin:

Is using a Webshots type of service  common practice due to storage limitations on the COG site?

I already have way too many Internet accounts, and I'm trying to simplify my digital existence:)

Cheers,

Simon
 

colinp386

Crotch Rocket
Good question.


Truth is that that info was originally posted up for the original forum that did not support server-side images.
This one (Simple Machines) does so you can use them.
it's not so much an issue of space as performance. The more files that are stored on the server the slower it will get . However that's not an issue at the moment, and probably never will be.


Bottom line is if you want to use the server store go ahead, but note there is a size limit.


Cheers


Colin
 
Colin:

Thanks for the info. I'll give that a try. My "visited maps" are only 5KB each, so they shouldn't present any problem to the COG server.

Cheers,

Simon
 

S Smith

Northeast Area Director
Member
Shaft-Drive said:
Colin:

Thanks for the info. I'll give that a try. My "visited maps" are only 5KB each, so they shouldn't present any problem to the COG server.

Cheers,

Simon


IIRC, pics in sigs must be linked images.
 

S Smith

Northeast Area Director
Member
Simon...  does your tag line look like what you want now?  (the size is dictated by Photobucket's thumbnail size) The URL used was not correct.  View your profile to see what the code looks like now.  This is easily creatable by using getting the link from Photobucket's "share" button, click on the "Get Link Code tab" and then copy the entire code text for  "IMG for bulletin boards & forums -> clickable thumbnail"

BTW - pasted code in the post is treated the same as in the sig line.... the forum code will try to interpret & display it.

Hope this helps.
 

Jim217

Bicycle
I don't think I added the tag, Big Wheels, on my signature and I can't seem to find out how to delete it. Can you help?
 

S Smith

Northeast Area Director
Member
Jim said:
I don't think I added the tag, Big Wheels, on my signature and I can't seem to find out how to delete it. Can you help?

That field is a humorous ranking field based on post counts and can not be removed.  More posts graduate user up the riding scale. Look at others rank titles to see the different ones.
 
S Smith said:
Simon...  does your tag line look like what you want now?  (the size is dictated by Photobucket's thumbnail size) The URL used was not correct.  View your profile to see what the code looks like now.  This is easily creatable by using getting the link from Photobucket's "share" button, click on the "Get Link Code tab" and then copy the entire code text for  "IMG for bulletin boards & forums -> clickable thumbnail"

BTW - pasted code in the post is treated the same as in the sig line.... the forum code will try to interpret & display it.

Hope this helps.

Steve:

Okay, now the map shows up. And I did nothing in the meantime (during my 6-week coffee break from the Forum:).

I'll read your suggestions again, Steve, when my brain's working a little better.

As always, thanks.

Simon
 

S Smith

Northeast Area Director
Member
Shaft-Drive said:
S Smith said:
Simon...  does your tag line look like what you want now?  (the size is dictated by Photobucket's thumbnail size) The URL used was not correct.  View your profile to see what the code looks like now.  This is easily creatable by using getting the link from Photobucket's "share" button, click on the "Get Link Code tab" and then copy the entire code text for  "IMG for bulletin boards & forums -> clickable thumbnail"

BTW - pasted code in the post is treated the same as in the sig line.... the forum code will try to interpret & display it.

Hope this helps.

Steve:

Okay, now the map shows up. And I did nothing in the meantime (during my 6-week coffee break from the Forum:).

I'll read your suggestions again, Steve, when my brain's working a little better.

As always, thanks.

Simon

Simon - we fixed the typo in your sig line for you.
 
Top