• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Sirius Radio Installation

Garmin has XM built into some of their GPS units. I have the capability in my Zumo 550.
Bob Field used a sirius receiver, amplifier and speakers on his C14. He used marine speakers. Had the amp in the on tank glove box with cooling vents (maybe used in the C10 pockets), and the receiver on the bars. He said he loved it and it worked great at speed. Let me see if I can find some photos of it. Maybe Bob will pop on here with them also.

Here is a couple of posts (from the other site) on what Bob Field did on his C14. With a little improvising, it could probably be done on a C10 as well! Now remember this was on a C14 as you will figure out by the photo's.

Bob

badinc1 said:
<SNIP>
I've rode at 75mph and could hear my speakers just fine with no distorsion with my full coverage helmet on, thank-you very much sir.
Bobby.

R1-3_0001.jpg

R1-7_0002.jpg

R1-4-5.jpg

Gooddeals marine speakers, 100w amp. , Sirius satilitte radio.

badinc1 said:
Thank-you.
No issues at all and plenty of room turning the bars.
Of course, I have the 2" HeliBar risers and Phil's wedges on my bike also, but..... even stock without the risers and wedges, there wasn't any problems.
I mounted the speakers as close as I could up front of the two black side panels as I could, without it rubbibg anything, and by just drilling screw holes in the black side panel plastics and mounting the speakers with the supplied screws and some Loctite.
The black top side panels aren't that curved and are fairly level where I mounted the speakers. The 2010 bikes aren't much different and could be done the same way.
That is the 100w amp. system with the 100 x 2 speakers.  I could of went with the 250w amp. but didn't want to take a chance of the amp. not fitting inside the Kawasaki tank glovebox. It is more than plenty loud enough, and I normally rode with it at 1/4 volume, and never had it more than half volume. It nver broke-up and distorted on me. I've riden sometimes at 75mph on the highway, and I could hear it fine with my full coverage helmet.
I did modify my glovebox to let more air in to cool the amp., I cut down the inside, and added 4 vent in the front, and four vents on the two sides to let air in and out. I covered the hole vents with window screen on the insie of the box, and painted all black. It came out nice, and looks factory.
You can do a search and see all the photos and discribe what I did to it. It works fine and stays cool, and I never had a problem with water getting in, even spraying it at the local car wash with the spray wand, so riding in the rain, you wouldn't ever have a problem with water. I never rode in rain, but I've tested it at the car wash, and it stayed dry.
Bobby.

I recently installed the SIRIUSXM "Snap!" unit on my C10.  I first installed a Powerlet-brand socket (from Murphs) under the fuel gauge like I've seen so many other members here do, then simply plugged this unit in there, with the antenna wired on the center of the dash behind the windshield.

The flexible arm lets me angle it just perfect, and the big knob and buttons work really well, even with gloves.  Most of the weight of this unit is at the bottom (the socket plug) so the thing does not budge.  The audio output and antenna input are at the bottom, so no wires up at the head.

The left bar *does* come in contact with it on upon going full-stop to the right, but there is enough give in the flexible arm that it's not a problem.  I just completed a 2000 mile trip with this setup, and it worked perfectly.  If you Google hard enough, you can find the Snap! unit for free, with $10 shipping and a free month of service.

IMGP3304.jpg

IMGP3301.jpg

IMGP3299.jpg