• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Skyline Drive video

millsan1

Mini Bike
Here is a video of my ride down Skyline in VA this past November. http://youtu.be/JbNUBX0lgYY

As for why the music is P!nk, I was getting tired of using the same music or style of music for all my videos.  So I just randomly went into my music library and picked a song, and ran with it.  Yes, I have P!nk in my music library.

I have videos up of my GF on her F800ST on the same channel.

Yes, I know I am riding fast and am going to die.

Privateer said:
Nice.

Btw, you are going that fast....

I know, but every time I post I get comments about stuff like that, and "what if a dog runs out in front of you" and "what if you get a flat" blah blah.

I ride way to fast to worry about cholesterol.

And for a completely different opinion, I wonder why have any music at all. Everyone makes these with music. I always turn it off. Not necessarily because I dont like the music, but to me its takes away from the solitude of the ride. I just don't enjoy them as much.

I'd be happy to listen to just the camera's audio.  It goes really well with the video, in my mind.  And, as you say, the viewer can always turn it down.

Looks like a fun ride, maybe someday I will be able to enjoy riding Skyline Drive. Wonder if I will be able to get those pretty little orbs to lead my  way like you? :rotflmao:
Great video. : :))

I use a GoPro.

As for the music, I am of the opposite opinion.  I put music in mine because the sound or roaring wind and road noise is bothersome to me, when I watch a video.

I also try to match key points in the music to key points in the video.  Beat changes, certain lyrics, etc. 

To each their own.  We all have opinions and they are all wrong and right.

Skyline is a fun ride.

Joe - RI said:
8) Great ride!!! Music was good too.
Want to ride that and the Dragon one of these days.

You'll probably need more than one day. They're a little ways apart.  ::)

My GF and I will be doing this ride and the Dragon in April/May, depending on logistics.

Taking a week off, and riding all the way down on Skyline, Blue Ridge, then on to the Dragon and the surrounding roads.  Probably end up at the Dragon around Tuesday, so hoping that helps with less LEO.  We shall see.

Gonna be fun.

The best time on the Dragon is first thing in the morning.  Much less traffic of all sorts at that time of day.

And do be careful the first time through.  It's pretty intense.  Don't forget the Cherohala Skyway either!