• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Slatin Motogear Suit

landon

Mini Bike
I was searching for some new gear and while looking at Aerostich, Klim, and Motoport I came across this company and suit.

https://www.slatinmotogear.com/pages/ez-1-features

I couldn't find much information or any rider reviews, it appears they have only been on the market for around a year now. I've researched many of the materials and it appears that it could possible be a great product. I've been considering trying this suit for several weeks now and have exchange emails with the owner several times asking questions about his product. He has been very responsive to my questions. He even called me once to see if I had any additional questions.

So I've gone and done it and placed my order. He offers a 14 day trial period where if your not happy with the suit you can return it for a refund. I ordered the Hi-Viz Green and used a coupon code from a sale a few weeks ago that was still active but not currently advertised, the suit was $534 shipped to my door.

Once I get the suit and have a chance to try it out I will report back and let you all know my opinion on it.

Here is a link to the Hi-Viz Green suit I purchased:
https://www.slatinmotogear.com/products/superfabric-ez-1-armored-motorcycle-suit-safety-green

Looks promising.  Interested in hearing what you have to say about your suit.  Seems like the hi-viz orange is $250 more?  Am I missing some added features for that difference in money, or is it just color?  Nice to see someone making riding gear that doesn't break the bank!

Any of the "upgrades" like getting them in my size makes them as much as Motoport, WITHOUT the excellent reputation behind it. Not dissing them just saying..

Matt

Bud said:
Looks promising.  Interested in hearing what you have to say about your suit.  Seems like the hi-viz orange is $250 more?  Am I missing some added features for that difference in money, or is it just color?  Nice to see someone making riding gear that doesn't break the bank!

The regular price for all of them is $750. I got mine at a sale price. They seem to put them on sale pretty regularly.

mattchewn said:
Any of the "upgrades" like getting them in my size makes them as much as Motoport, WITHOUT the excellent reputation behind it. Not dissing them just saying..

Matt

Curious what your size is that would require the custom suit? I'm a large guy and found just the opposite with this suit (assuming it fits when it arrives). I would of required custom tailoring with motoport, klim, or aerostich that would of required additional charges. If fit is correct on the site this suit should fit perfect, time will tell. Not knocking any of the other brands as they are all reputable companies. One thing I found interesting with the Slatin suit was the inseam is adjustable by hook and loop to make it the correct size for the rider. I'm am wondering how the hook and loop will hold up or if I will push it loose when I put my boot in the leg to put it on. I may have to take it to a local tailor and have it sewn to the correct length.

I like the option of another manufacture and at half the price of the others I was willing to risk it. Might be a great choice or might wind up being a mistake, I'm hoping for the former obviously.

mattchewn said:

Matt

Hi,
        Sound wisdom! :great:

I'll keep my Motoport!

You guys/ gals,REALLY need to do some rersearch on this!

Just sayin, compare the price of Cordora or whatever these other people are having the Chinese use to build their gear, and then look at what mesh Kevlar cost???

Compare prices AND that Motoprt is quality made in the USA and the sun starts breaking through the clouds and you figure where your money went....

Somebodys "PROFIT" or it went into the Gear you are wearing!!!!

Just sayin!

Attachments

• tumblr_oifgjyLJ1n1uutcawo1_540.jpg
    tumblr_oifgjyLJ1n1uutcawo1_540.jpg
    39.4 KB · Views: 118
Seagiant your the one needing research.  Right on the Aerostich website it proudly says "exclusive American-made mil-spec 500d Cordura® GORE-TEX® fabric"....    I drove two hours to meet the gentleman and crew who made my suit with USA materials and it works great.

No need for everyone to bash each other's gear! I started this thread just to share my experience with this suit and provide some feedback. I don't care what anyone decides to wear as long as your wearing some kind of protective gear. I've survived using low end gear for years. I'm willing to give the new guy a chance. I'm not saying it's better than what you decide to wear, just saying there is another option. Where what you like!

sininja said:
Seagiant your the one needing research.  Right on the Aerostich website it proudly says "exclusive American-made mil-spec 500d Cordura® GORE-TEX® fabric"....    I drove two hours to meet the gentleman and crew who made my suit with USA materials and it works great.
Hi,
        Wasn't talking about Aerostitch don't remember mentioning them by name, but.....

Like I said, go look at the price of Cordora that Aerostitch uses, and then go price, Mesh KEVLAR!

Then figure out were most of your money went!

It wasn't in the suit your wearing????

No bashing, in the end, it's you by yourself, on the gurney being rolled down that quite corridor! :(

sininja said:
yes because if it isn't motoport or ohlins it couldn't possibly work right?  :-[

Hi,
        LOL!

Well....I guess ANYTHING "works"! ;D

Now, how WELL it "works" is another question!!!! :eek:

I'll say this and let it go.

As I did MY research, I came to the sad conclusion...

That "protective" Moto Gear, in general, is one of the biggest "rip offs" out there???

No need to let it go.  You haven't used any facts yet, just personal opinions.  I'm glad you love your abrasive Kevlar mesh, must be really nice to only ride in sunny 80* weather with no rain...  I guess I'll ignore the wall of crashed suits at the Aerostich factory with notes of thanks for the safe suits...  And my buddy that went down at 70mph and got up without a scratch...  but yeah in your research Kevlar is the only solution.  Wow. 

sininja said:
I'm glad you love your abrasive Kevlar mesh, must be really nice to only ride in sunny 80* weather with no rain... .

I don't think Kevlar Mesh is the only solution but I feel good and safe in it. I survived a major accident in Alpinestars and Olympia textiles. WHen I got out of the coma I immediately decided I wanted the Motoport I had looked at for a couple of years. Works for me....and anyone who has been around me knows I ride down to about 22 degrees and it always seems to rain on us when we go. To each his own. Just wear the gear, armour and a great pair of boots with ankle protection.

Be informed, believe what you want, buy what you want, and keep your cool! We are all better off for even thinking about gear. Ewa and I saw a bunch of guys riding around Queens tonight with no helmets, no gear, no headlights or license plates or any lights, wheelies galore! and ready to run from the cops if they even tried to stop them. Was very entertaining - but that's because we didn't see any crunched bodies. We are all lightyears ahead of these guys no matter how passionate we are about this brand or that one lol.

Gregg - you didn't really put Ohlins on your bike did you? You know Traxxion is where it's at  :)) Just kidding - just kidding (but really though) Hey, I'll play on the forum this late on a Sat night but I'm more likely to talk some smack  :beerchug:

Fais said:
Be informed, believe what you want, buy what you want, and keep your cool! We are all better off for even thinking about gear. Ewa and I saw a bunch of guys riding around Queens tonight with no helmets, no gear, no headlights or license plates or any lights, wheelies galore! and ready to run from the cops if they even tried to stop them. Was very entertaining - but that's because we didn't see any crunched bodies. We are all lightyears ahead of these guys no matter how passionate we are about this brand or that one lol.

Gregg - you didn't really put Ohlins on your bike did you? You know Traxxion is where it's at  :)) Just kidding - just kidding (but really though) Hey, I'll play on the forum this late on a Sat night but I'm more likely to talk some smack  :beerchug:

Hi,
        Fais, all BS aside, I was all ready to drop the hammer on the Traxxion/Penske Suspenion set up....

As I think it is the "Best Bang For The Bucks" out there for serious suspension.

AGAIN, this is after a LOT of research and what is available!

As far as Ohlin's, I saw that as out of my price range!

Then some nice people here on this forum, told me about a Ohlin's set up on E-Bay!

I think this was on JR's bike originally so came off of a 2012 C14 just like mine.

I called Ohlin's and talked to a Tech giving my info and was told it would work for me, so bought it!

So.....I got the Ohlin's slightly used for 2/3's the price of new and a friend of mine helped me put it on.

Do I think Ohlin's is the way to go IF you have the money?

Yes!!!,  But that is not the only way, and I thought I always conveyed that in my posts?

For as "cheap" as the C14 is for what you get, I think more people should wrap their minds around, better suspension AND riding gear!!!

JMHO!

Attachments

• BikerBabe14.jpg
    BikerBabe14.jpg
    75.4 KB · Views: 121