• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Slip on for 09. Would like some input from Coggers

ss1179852

Woody in BC
Thinking about getting a slip on exhaust.
Take a bit of weight off the bike and a bit more exhaust note.
I had a Remus on my K1200. It was a bit too loud and high in note.
What exhaust has a lower rumble at idle has a nice rip when under acceleration?
I’m from Canada and the prices up here are crazy expensive.
Maybe someone has one I could purchase used.
To start I’d love some input from you all!
Thanks.
Woody.

Thinking about getting a slip on exhaust.
Take a bit of weight off the bike and a bit more exhaust note.
I had a Remus on my K1200. It was a bit too loud and high in note.
What exhaust has a lower rumble at idle has a nice rip when under acceleration?
I’m from Canada and the prices up here are crazy expensive.
Maybe someone has one I could purchase used.
To start I’d love some input from you all!
Thanks.
Woody.
Hey Woody ‘sounds’ you want a carbon fiber muffler, stainless can be a little higher pitch.

AreaP has a high quality product - but I believe out of stock until late 2024…

Black Widow has a powerful lineup of products (Slip-Ons or Full Systems) and from reports the quality is good. Can get a full system for a crazy low price and again the quality seems to be good - have heard no complaints from the group. Don’t let the ordering from UK bother you, their shipping I recall from others is lightning fast.

Delkevic also came onto the market here and many seem to like their product, fair pricing. For some a little loud.

Hope this gets you moving in the right direction, I’m sure there are other options but these are some of the more popular recent selections I’ve seen.

Wayne

Hey Woody ‘sounds’ you want a carbon fiber muffler, stainless can be a little higher pitch.

Black Widow has a powerful lineup of products (Slip-Ons or Full Systems) and from reports the quality is good. Can get a full system for a crazy low price and again the quality seems to be good - have heard no complaints from the group. Don’t let the ordering from UK bother you, their shipping I recall from others is lightning fast.

Delkevic also came onto the market here and many seem to like their product, fair pricing. For some a little loud.

Hope this gets you moving in the right direction, I’m sure there are other options but these are some of the more popular recent selections I’ve seen.

Wayne

Wayne

I had the Black Widow (16" carbon fiber), but a bit loud for my ear and developed a buzz after I put in the reducer that Steve recommended.

I switched to the carbon fiber 18" Delkevic, which has worked best for me. Had a bit lower tone and seemed quieter to me.

I have a pair of Area P mufflers on mine. Love the sound.
But I don't think you can get an Area P anymore.
I think the best 2 alternatives {that are reasonably priced and still available} are the Black Widow or the Delkevics.

Many use the Delkevic.
Here is the oval / carbon fiber / 18" Delkevic.
The 18" length would be less loud and the Carbon Fiber is more mellow, plus it cools quicker than the Stainless.

That said, recently I've heard/seen several of the Black Widow mufflers.
They cost less (roughly $200) than the Delks (roughly $300) and I like the sound of the BW's too.

Here is the oval / black stainless / 16" Black Widows.

Ride safe, Ted

PS: On the BW's you can go the whole route for about $400.

Last edited:
I really enjoy my carbon Two Brothers slip on. Adds some noise, but not to crazy loud until you're above 7-8K RPM.

Two brothers, 3 different exhaust tips,, I went small my self,

Attachments

• 03092014bike 011.jpg
    03092014bike 011.jpg
    169.3 KB · Views: 12
  • 03092014bike 018.jpg
    03092014bike 018.jpg
    137.7 KB · Views: 11
I have an 18” oval carbon fiber Delkavic on my 09. I love the look, lighter weight, and throaty sound. A set of Black Widow headers were added last season making things even better!

18" Delkavic carbon fiber oval. Easy to order, easy on the wallet, easy to install, easy on the eyes, easy on the weight, and finally, easy on the ears as it's barely louder than stock as stated above. Also, I've heard from others that it makes it an awesome babe magnet too as the look is just too irresistable for some to contain their earthly urges, be careful when stopped at red lights and at areas of higher female populations.

18" Delkavic carbon fiber oval. Easy to order, easy on the wallet, easy to install, easy on the eyes, easy on the weight, and finally, easy on the ears as it's barely louder than stock as stated above. Also, I've heard from others that it makes it an awesome babe magnet too as the look is just too irresistable for some to contain their earthly urges, be careful when stopped at red lights and at areas of higher female populations.
No mater what, make sure the baffle is out. Leaving it in will yield 10hp LESS than stock!

Ahh haaa!! So that is yer secret?
I allus figured you had a way of attracting them.
Thought it was the $100 bill you wear around yer neck.

Ride safe, Ted