• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Smack Down at the Shack - Nov 8th- GA/FL Challenge

COGnosticator

http://www.cog-online.org/clubportal/EventDetail.cfm?clubID=1328&EventID=210207&mo=11&tDate={d%20%272014-11-17%27}

http://www.urbanspoon.com/r/149/932917/restaurant/Georgia/St-George/Shack-By-The-Track-Saint-George

The annual Smack down at the shack is now on the schedule.  Date is November 8th, meet up around 11am and start eating when they start serving  :great:

After eating we will do a head count of COG member from Georgia and Florida to see who rounded up the most member from their state.  Anybody from a state north or west of Georgia will count for Georgia, anybody south and east of Florida  :D  will count for Florida.  That sounds fair to me  :nananana:

Make your plans to be there for a plate full of great BBQ, and if you have any room left, they have an ice cream parlor on site too.

Look forward to having a big crowd this year.

This is about the only weekend available and Reid Yeargin has plans he cannot get out of, so I will host the Smack Down this year.

NEFL peeps, meet at the Kangaroo at Chaffee and Beaver around 900a.

I will be out on this.  If anyone still wants to use this as a meetup spot, go ahead!!!

dang it...maybe i will trailer my bike up close by, then ride to the shack...my broken body just cant take that ride again.  :(

After eating we will do a head count of COG member from Georgia and Florida to see who rounded up the most member from their state.  Anybody from a state north or west of Georgia will count for Georgia, anybody south and east of Florida  :D  will count for Florida.  That sounds fair to me  :nananana:

So when(not if) we beat y'all(again), we'll have beaten virtually all of North America, again.  :nananana: :nananana:

Note: The above does not apply if a cold front comes through. Think Flowriduh wimps. There is a reason we live down here.

SteveJ. said:

So when(not if) we beat y'all(again), we'll have beaten virtually all of North America, again.  :nananana: :nananana:

Note: The above does not apply if a cold front comes through. Think Flowriduh wimps. There is a reason we live down here.

It would be nice to bring the plaque out of hiding  :nananana:  I know y'all are skert so you keep the plaque in seclusion  :D  This is our year  LOL, only one Steve per state counts  :))

COGnosticat0r said:
SteveJ. said:

It would be nice to bring the plaque out of hiding  :nananana:  I know y'all are skert so you keep the plaque in seclusion  :D This is our year  LOL, only one Steve per state counts  :))

That's quite alright, we will just call up a bunch of Mikes to overwhelm y'all.  :nananana: :rotflmao:

OK, am now signed up (this'll get the Floriduhs trembling  :nananana:)
Could really use an invitation for an overnight stay for Friday to make this work (north of the Florida state line, please).... :great:

:-[  I was informed last night that I have a prior out of town commitment for this weekend  :mad:  I am not going to be able to make this, and I need someone to take over as host for the RTE

I should have checked with Jean before I posted this date, sorry about this screw up on my part.  :'(

Since you and Reid are not coming, and I started this thing, I'd be happy to host it once again.
OK all you Florida riders, let's make this a good showing on our part. Here's hoping for a good sunny day.

IronButtAl said:
Since you and Reid are not coming, and I started this thing, I'd be happy to host it once again.
OK all you Florida riders, let's make this a good showing on our part. Here's hoping for a good sunny day.

Thanks Al, sorry I didn't check with the boss about my schedule before I jumped on this

COGnosticat0r said:
IronButtAl said:

Thanks Al, sorry I didn't check with the boss about my schedule before I jumped on this
You've been a busy guy the last few months, with a lot of balls in the air at once. Likely jet lag from all the hard work you did for the Wolf.

Volcantour said:
OK, am now signed up (this'll get the Floriduhs trembling  :nananana:)
Could really use an invitation for an overnight stay for Friday to make this work (north of the Florida state line, please).... :great:

You have a room in Augusta. It's still a bit of a haul from here, but easily done in a day.

Since a  lot of the Ga and Fl riders are at Barber...this couple of weeks will give them plenty of time to rest their backsides and GET TO THIS FUN event and enjoy a lot of GOOD food!!

Ohhh, yes lots of non-Barber riders will be attending this too!!

:dance: :043: :celebrate: :cheer:

Kay & I are planning on attending, so that's 2 members for GA! We are heading to Jacksonville afterwards and spending the night and hopefully meeting up with some old friends.

Wifey and I are currentlynear Helen, GA in the Roadtrek Wreck all creation vehicle.

On our way up here, and we will continue as we get to NC, we are "fixing" all of the road signs that say "south". We hope that there is not too much confusion.  >:D ;) :rotflmao: :beerchug: :beerchug:

IronButtAl said:

Nice!  Since its going to be mostly FLORIDIANS in attendance, its only fitting a Floridian hosts this Georgia located event  :nananana: 
bigthumb.gif

Perhaps the GA organizers should make a ruling that FL members only count if they were BORN in FL (e.g. Native Floridians not carpetbaggers). That might even up the numbers a bit. :D :great:

Ranger Jim said:
Perhaps the GA organizers should make a ruling that FL members only count if they were BORN in FL (e.g. Native Floridians not carpetbaggers). That might even up the numbers a bit. :D :great:

Won't work this year Jim...as the organizer of this Georgia event is a Floridian, a yankee Floridian none the less.  :hee20hee20hee:

Au contraire, mon frère. Who posted it to the calendar (answer - Jerry Holland, a NATIVE Georgian who had to withdraw due to a work conflict). Carpetbagger Al stepped in to support (for which he should be recognized and cheered  :great: :beer chug:).

'Course I'm just joking anyhow, the Yanks are welcome to FL what with all the straight roads, bugs, poisonous critters, heat, humidity, hurricanes, etc. Just wish they'd stay out of the mountains when it gets summer time there or leaf season here.  :motonoises:  :rotflmao:

Any way the time can be moved later in the afternoon? I'm not sure I can get there from Jville by 11.

-RP

RC said:
Any way the time can be moved later in the afternoon? I'm not sure I can get there from Jville by 11.

-RP

We get there at 11 but usually hang around till in the afternoon.  Looking forward to meeting you.

Jacksonville?  You should be able to walk there quicker than I can get there from Tampa  :beerchug:  ;D

Just kidding about the time of course. I work second shift Friday night so my Saturday starts fairly late. Can't beat the location though. Any other COG'ers in Jville?

-RP

Alrighty then, time to post up a map route for those wishing to hook up. (Link below) We've had upwards of 20 riders in on this. It's quite the site to see us roll in and kick Georgia's and the rest of America's butt.

I anticipate leaving my place at about 7:45 and arrive at Mickey D's in Interlachen shortly after 9:00.

Have a cuppa there and leave about 9:30 and arrive at the Shell station on US301 northbound just north of Rt 228(a few miles south of I-10) at about 10:30. Depart at 10:45 or so for arrival in St. George about 11:15 or so.

Any and all that want to hook up along the way are welcome. We'll have the coffee on at our place, 669 Woodview Dr, Tavares, FL. 32778 at 7:15.

This all seems a bit early, but standard time resumes this weekend to help brighten up the morning.

I are retarded and can't post the map but here's a link:

http://goo.gl/maps/GRC7T

I'll be riding long distance the day of this rally, but it will be in order to teach new riders the MSF course, and nowhere near FL.
You all have no idea (or maybe you do) how much I'd like to participate.

Eddie-FL said:
Just signed up. SteveJ, see you at your place.

Margie, Bella, and I will see ya then.  :great:

Just checked. Looks like the low Sat morning will be in the low 50's. Excellent.

Hey Flowriduh folks. Can someone help me with hanging up the "To St George, Turn Around" signs I had printed up? I'm leaving shortly to hit I-75, and US441. I could use help on 17, 301 and I-95.

TIA from your mid-Flowriduh not so grand pooba.

See all y'all on Saturday.

stevewfl said:
wow i hate I couldn't make this ride  :(!

same here as i am soooo not in shape for riding these days, hate to admit it, but i have not been on a scooter in several months  :(

Just got home..weather chased me, getting cooler and then half an hour from home, here came the rain, closer to home the worse it got.
But home ok.........now  warm  and dry..ahhh.

Had a great turn out....Fl won this year. Good to see long time friends and met several new attendees-good time was had by all......again!!!!!!!!

Too bad the other regulars could not make it, next year....
See you soon!

That was a good ride ... Good to see everyone again ...

We avoided the rain ... And in fact it was hot (at 72degrees) when we arrived in Oviedo ...

SportyCon said:
And both of us Georgia riders were glad to have y'all visit. :rotflmao:

Yeah, Georgia will have to pick it up next year. We had two riders and three members, but we Georgians go for quality, not quantity.

See most of you all on Friday evening, save me a tent space.

We invoked the mercy rule on the final count.

Photos, I would A$$ume, are on their way from those so inclined.

Edit to add: Such as Bugnut, below. Thanks Mike!! :great:

Cool slide show. Thanks for doing and sharing. Next year...... :motonoises:

Nice meeting y'all up in Georgia. I can't believe how flat and straight the roads are down here. Cruise control, helmet speakers and tunes are my friends. ;)

Looking forward to hooking up on a Southeast ride again soon!

-Rick

RC said:
Nice meeting y'all up in Georgia. I can't believe how flat and straight the roads are down here. Cruise control, helmet speakers and tunes are my friends. ;)

Now you know why all of our tires are flat in the center!!! :rotflmao: