• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Smackdown at the Shack GA/FLA Border Challenge

reid53 said:
COGnosticat0r said:
I just called the Shack and gave them a heads up about us coming  ;D  I told them to look for 50+ people, so if only 25 show up, we need to eat twice  :))

Thanks Jerry, was just about to give them a call and saw this.  Been a little busy lately.

I knew you had family matters on your mind the last few days

There's already 32 registered for the event, which, if you've been following the bouncing ball over the years, is a huge number for ANY event registeration. We're likely to double that number IMO. See you there.    Al

For you "Air Force" types.  Get the sergeant to gently wakey, wakey 2 hours before departure time,  Get tea and crumpets.  Go to the terminal and check in, get more tea and crumpets,  Request clearance for departure.  Wait for departure.  Thank the sergeant for getting u dressed.  Meet you at the shack.
  Bob Goggin,  PRCS, USN Ret

Good reminder Jerry for the returnees and good new info to the noobies coming from whatever direction!
:Woot_Emoticon:

Hate for anyone not getting some of that good BBQ

Bill said:
O.K. where are the Ga. riders meeting at on the 10th.???...I am in Acworth Ga. (North of the Atl.)

I'm just outside of Columbus, GA.  Want to hook up as you head south?  We can meet the others at Voldosta, GA and all ride in together, PM me with contact info if you want to ride there and back together.

Mike

reid53 said:
Mike said:
I'll be heading out from Columbus, GA.  What's a good rendezvous point for us GA riders? Let's arrive in force.

I'll be leaving SATURDAY (1 day and a wake-up!) morning from Valdosta with Tom, Bill and a host of Valdosta riders at 9:00AM from the Gold Plate restaurant on 41 South.  Will put us in St. George around 11:00AM on SATURDAY MORNING, NOVEMBER 10TH, 2012

https://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&ie=UTF-8&q=gold+plate+restaurant+valdosta+ga&fb=1&hq=gold+plate+restaurant&hnear=0x88ee66fdfa3f43bd:0x170be7d3e3523f76,Valdosta,+GA&cid=0,0,13338347633469412252&ei=eY-bUMX-EMSuyQHC5YEo&ved=0CHsQ_BIwAA

I'm gonna try an hook up with you guys in Valdosta at the Gold plate restaurant Sat at 0900.  I'll PM message you my contact info so we can stay in touch.

Mike

Volcantour said:
Bill said:
O.K. where are the Ga. riders meeting at on the 10th.???...I am in Acworth Ga. (North of the Atl.)

Hey,
I plan to make it down to Valdosta the night before, but will be happy to ride back to NW Ga with you.

Sounds great!! I PM you my contact info.

Mike said:
Volcantour said:
Bill said:

Hey,
I plan to make it down to Valdosta the night before, but will be happy to ride back to NW Ga with you.

Sounds great!! I PM you my contact info.

Got it!  See you Saturday  :great:

To new members attending the Smackdown; I have extra copies of the Concourier for you, so please get with me sometime during the event to get one. If you're considering membership in COG and I have any left over, you are also welcome to a copy of the last edition. It's a great magazine.
To the SECOG Leadership Team members; I have the Leadership Team shirts now, so please remind me to give you one. Wear it proud...you're all great.
To the SECOG members; the riders that wear the new yellow jerseys with the SECOG Leadership Team logo are the ones that make everything possible when we meet at a ride. Please say hi and give them a thanks you for all they do for us in our area. They represent the various states as AAD's.      Al

From what I am reading all you Georgia riders may have to park up in the fire station lot and walk down to the Shack, cause all of us from Florida are going to have the Shack's parking lot filled up by 9:00 and no room for any Georgia clan to rest there rides. I phoned ahead and they are giving you clearance to park on the other side of the track...LOL
See all of you there and come hungry.

flaboy said:
From what I am reading all you Georgia riders may have to park up in the fire station lot and walk down to the Shack, cause all of us from Florida are going to have the Shack's parking lot filled up by 9:00 and no room for any Georgia clan to rest there rides. I phoned ahead and they are giving you clearance to park on the other side of the track...LOL
See all of you there and come hungry.

You blew it, I live 5 miles from the shack and I will be there at 8:30 and fill the lot up with cars until the Ga boys show up  :D  :-\  :))

COGnosticat0r said:
You blew it, I live 5 miles from the shack and I will be there at 8:30 and fill the lot up with cars until the Ga boys show up  :D  :-\  :))

Typical GA math.

I'm sure Savannah is only 5 miles away from the shack in GA math!!!

Egodriver71 said:
COGnosticat0r said:

Typical GA math.

damnit, busted again  ;D

The weather looks absolutely delightful after a slightly cool start for Floriduh. High in the mid 70's, clear sky, light winds.

Looks like snow, rain, sleet, tornadoes, locusts and other nasty things for Georgia, north of St George. Any folks up there needing help from the forecasted flood of century up there, let me know. I'll send you some Q.

:rotflmao: :rotflmao:  :beerchug: :beerchug:

Heading out in about 13 hours..see you there!
                                                                        :motonoises:

:whoo:

Darn tough decision at work today.  the boss offered me 2 tickets to the game in the swamp tomorrow.  Nope gonna go to the shack

It's too quiet, I know those fiendish devils from up north are up to some dastardly deed, I can feel it in my bones.

Egodriver71 said:
COGnosticat0r said:

Typical GA math.

I'm sure the 5 miles isn't right, but I swear it only takes Jerry 5 minutes to get there! :motonoises: :motonoises:

I heard a ugly rumor about a plan to hire an old Trailways bus with a long flatbed trailer to put the bikes on, and shuttle everyone down to just outside of the town and ride in from there. Sort of like a mini Daytona Bike week. The funny part is they plan on picking up ANYBODY with a scooter along the way (from Savannah) to fill the buss and take home the trophy :rotflmao:

They may even bring a few homeless people along and feed them for the trip, mighty kind of them I'll say. I might even stop by the local Denny's and bring a few 'workers' to even out the count...Nah I ll just ride up with all the Steves

Now for all you Florida members, remember to introduce yourself as a STEVE when you get there. That should really confuse them, beat out by 70-80 Steve's in one place. I am going to have so much fun tomorrow, see you all there

You guys are makin me hungry ;D. We are gettin some nice ICE rain tomorrow. Have fun and ride safe.

The shack will we on my touring list with Steve(s) in March :)) If they can keep up to the LT >:D :beerchug:

I'm going to be able to make this one. I plan to meet up in time for the group leaving out of the McDonald's in Interlachen.
I hope I'm not to much of an outcast in this group.

Canadian Steve said:
You guys are makin me hungry ;D. We are gettin some nice ICE rain tomorrow. Have fun and ride safe.

The shack will we on my touring list with Steve(s) in March :)) If they can keep up to the LT >:D :beerchug:
Well, enjoy your nICE weather, and we will enjoy our Nice weather. ;)

Yes to the Shack in March.

Safety third. :great:

Wayniac said:
I'm going to be able to make this one. I plan to meet up in time for the group leaving out of the McDonald's in Interlachen.
I hope I'm not to much of an outcast in this group.
What, your name is not Steve? :))

Well, iffn you really are an outcast, we'll have to make you buy coffee at Mickey D's or something. ;)

See ya tomorrow. :great:

about to make like a baby and head out...going to SISF's to ride out with him and a couple others...see you guys later!  :)

Will be waking my girl in the garage in about 10 minutes to head out from Atlanta.  See you guys there.  Ride safe!

p.s. - When you Georgia guys see the 'detour signs' the Florida folks set out, ignore them and ride on to the Shack!  :)

Great to see everyone again and the weather was perfect.  I got the small pork sandwich and I am still stuffed at 5:30.  :great:

I will post up a link to my pictures in a little while

Home at last, thank the Lord Almighty, I'm home at last. 
Thank to all I had a blast.
Am resting at home with wine in hand, Dawgs on the TV,and wife by my side. Life is good.

Wayniac said:
Enjoyed the ride and lunch today. Thanks for not making the new guy feel to awkward.
Good to meet ya. You will find as time goes by that we can help you feel more and more awkward. ;)

It is a bit tough to start in a new group, but just keep showing up and you'll wind up fitting in just like all of the other misfits.

Lots more stuff coming up this season. With a little luck, we'll get you all broken in before you know it.  :))

Thanks everybody for a great turnout!  I think the count was 53 bikes. Fla. retains the plaque with 22 Coggers. We brought 29 folks, 8 being Coggers. Perfect weather!! See y'all soon :motonoises:

reid53 said:
Thanks everybody for a great turnout!  I think the count was 53 bikes. Fla. retains the plaque with 22 Coggers. We brought 29 folks, 8 being Coggers. Perfect weather!! See y'all soon :motonoises:

Wow, only 8 COGgers from GA out of 29 people.  We got whupped like a Bulldog on a Gator  :rotflmao:

Good seeing everyone. Meeting all the new members that have joined over the last few months and seeing all the gang.....priceless. Congratulations to Tom Sills for winning the $90.00 raffle split. That will likely go into his travel kitty, so we can expect to put up with more of his crap soon. Thanks Reid, for being the great host to this event, and to Jo for her usual great job running the raffle. This always take away her time socializing, but there's nobody that does it better than her.
It was a fun day.                Al

IronButtAl said:
Good seeing everyone. Meeting all the new members that have joined over the last few months and seeing all the gang.....priceless. Congratulations to Tom Sills for winning the $90.00 raffle split. That will likely go into his travel kitty, so we can expect to put up with more of his crap soon. Thanks Reid, for being the great host to this event, and to Jo for her usual great job running the raffle. This always take away her time socializing, but there's nobody that does it better than her.

:iagree:

as one of the n00bs i definitely had an awesome time meeting a few of the other members/riders, i just need to get more "seat time" as i am WAY out of the riding loop from having had a bad hip for 21 years, then finally getting it replaced a few years ago...i had to stop about every 50 miles to stretch some, but man, i do love this bike and very much enjoy the COG!  :great:

Wayniac said:
Enjoyed the ride and lunch today. Thanks for not making the new guy feel to awkward.

Don't worry, it was just a missed opportuniy  ...

Eddie-FL said:
IronButtAl said:

:iagree:

See what I mean  :))

Volcantour said:
Am resting at home with wine in hand, Dawgs on the TV,and wife by my side. Life is good.

I made good time on the way home and arrived about 4:30 in Tampa.  Ahhhh, like you, I kicked my feet back with a nice relaxing glass of wine.  I was surprised at how tired and a bit sore I was.  Anybody have pics?

bschulz said:
Volcantour said:

I made good time on the way home and arrived about 4:30 in Tampa.  Ahhhh, like you, I kicked my feet back with a nice relaxing glass of wine.  I was surprised at how tired and a bit sore I was.  Anybody have pics?

man was i hurting on the way home...i only grabbed 2 pics with my phone...

IMAG0513.jpg

IMAG0514.jpg

Had  a really good time yesterday, esp meeting up with friends I hadn't seen for a long time, ones I saw recently and meeting new members & family  or members to be.

To all be sure to check the calender and see when you want to ride out again to meet up w/ us..new members or not.
See you soon!

:08:

Had a great time at the SmackDown!  Thanks to all that organized the event, and also those who showed up.  Even enjoyed meeting a few Floridians.  And I found one that wasn't named Steve.

Pictures:
IMAG1317.jpg

IMAG1315.jpg

IMAG1314.jpg

IMAG1312.jpg

Tom, nice shot of that low mileage 99 C10.                Al

Had a great time at the SmackDown!  Thanks to all that organized the event, and also those who showed up.  Even enjoyed meeting a few Floridians.  And I found one that wasn't named Steve.

Imposter?  :rotflmao: :beerchug:

Nice pics.  :great:

IronButtAl said:
Tom, nice shot of that low mileage 99 C10.                Al                                                             

The Cobra's made me do it!!!

Actually as much as I hated that color when I bought mine, it's good to see it!!!

Thanks again for the return welcome backs, make a person feel good!  :celebrate:

Yes Tom, I'm sure that you did enjoy how I handled the 50:50. Need to thank Carole ( Jim's friend) and Jim P  for helping me out with the tearing of tickets and the counting and recounting x 3 the $.
Thanks to all that purchased tickets.

Hey did you know that I heard I have a new name????  it is : STEVE-ANNA :rotflmao:

Wayne, great to welcome you as a full member into SECOG. Hope you had a good time at the BBQ, and please try to make more of the events. We normally would have name tags at an event, but this one is just too big to do that. Also, it's a little hard to engage members in conversation when everyone is milling around on their feet. Sitting down for a meal as we do at the Last Blast will bring you closer to getting to know more of us.
Thanks for your support, and we hope you enjoy the ride with us. If there's anything I can do or answear regards your membership, please don't hesitate to contact me. Myself and the AAD's in yellow shirts, we do it all for you.....the members.        Al

Just Cliff said:
You south east guys just have to much fun!

Cliff  :beerchug:

Umm...too much fun. Is that like too many bikes? Too much money? :great:

Really, it's just how we roll.  :motonoises: :motonoises:  :motonoises: :motonoises:  :beerchug:

Come on over for one(or more) of our shindigs.

+1 on the last couple of posts.

Guess I 've been gone too long..can't recall last event WITH nametags, or gee maybe I'm losing my, uh,
nay that's not it.    :rotflmao:

Wayne glad you were able to make it out and enjoy meeting  us, hope to see you do it again and again!
:great:

I have been over to one of your shindigs & had a blast. Plan on making several of them next year. Your names are easy to remember, everybody's Steve!

Cliff  :beerchug:

Yes Jo, you were gone for some time. We DID do nametags for all the big rides this year ( SE Fall Rally , RWTW, etc). It's just the proper thing to do for the new members, and some of us that sip too much. I put my tent location on my name tag  so in case I'm found wounded, someone can get me back "home".                Al

That is a good idea, helps out everyone, new members or not...cause NOT everyone is named Steve!

::)

Jo said:
That is a good idea, helps out everyone, new members or not...cause NOT everyone is named Steve!

::)

Now you're just funnin' me, right?