• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Southwest & Northwest 2017 rallies??

zg

I can't make the Nat this year, am trying to find some NW & SW rallies happening in 2017 that I can make it to and need to lock in some vaca dates in advance...

I just checked the calendar and don't see anything other than the Bun Cooler...

Are there any more?

Gumby? OMC? Let me know whatcha got for me this year, thanks.  >:D :popcorn:

:popcorncouple:

Leaving here just after Memorial Day to mess around in MN for a coupla-three weeks and then plan on heading to the Northwet and southern BC for a while then head down to Cali. Probably about two months on the west coast. Any get togethers I can try to get to out there?

TIA.

ZG said:
Wait, wait, wait, you want me to figure out where you want to go and what time of the year works for you. What did you tell me this morning? You had both daughters graduations to go to, one of them is getting married, and ya still got a job right? :017:

You or anybody else that comes across this thread, find a good place, plan a time and I will work with you to make it happen.

You better work the Nat's into the above schedule, because I was told this morning we're riding two up to the Nat's! :motonoises:

Gumby said:
ZG said:
Wait, wait, wait, you want me to figure out where you want to go and what time of the year works for you. What did you tell me this morning? You had both daughters graduations to go to, one of them is getting married, and ya still got a job right? :017:

You or anybody else that comes across this thread, find a good place, plan a time and I will work with you to make it happen.

You better work the Nat's into the above schedule, because I was told this morning we're riding two up to the Nat's! :motonoises:
Ha Haaaa!!!!!!!!!!! C U at the Nat Z. 2 up! I have the BC on the schedule. Wandring is working on a day ride in the Sacto area in March to go play in Pavlis back yard I'm planning on attending. That would be a sweet run down the coast for ya. I still owe Tom a call but now I think we need to wait until you publish your availability  ;)

SteveJ. said:

Leaving here just after Memorial Day to mess around in MN for a coupla-three weeks and then plan on heading to the Northwet and southern BC for a while then head down to Cali. Probably about two months on the west coast. Any get togethers I can try to get to out there?

TIA.

When you are in BC, let me know. Maybe we could do a trip! I live in Vancouver.

Gumby said:
ZG said:

So which one of you is riding bitch?

gsun said:
SteveJ. said:

TIA.

:great:

Any Crown lands sort of in the area? Yes, I'm cheap and frugal.

Old Man on a Connie said:
Gumby said:
ZG said:

Ha Haaaa!!!!!!!!!!! C U at the Nat Z. 2 up! I have the BC on the schedule. Wandring is working on a day ride in the Sacto area in March to go play in Pavlis back yard I'm planning on attending. That would be a sweet run down the coast for ya. I still owe Tom a call but now I think we need to wait until you publish your availability  ;)

I can't make the Nat this year OMC, sorry bro, I've got both girls graduating UO in June...  :truce:

Is there anything in May? When do the roads clear going over Shasta? I'd be up for something down in Cali in May?? 

:??:

Also interested in something in August and September??  :??:

SteveJ. said:
gsun said:
SteveJ. said:

TIA.

As in camping? Yeah some but the popular ones are booked far in advance. Always a logging road...

:great:

Any Crown lands sort of in the area? Yes, I'm cheap and frugal.

A tie in with the eclipse would be cool. Everything is booked for it so would need someone on the path with the room and inclination to have folks drop by to camp and maybe a lottery for inside available space.

Yeehaw!  :motonoises: :beerchug:

Anyone interested in a three-day tour of Vancouver Island?

I am thinking Fri/Sat/Sun in late July/early August? Anacortes ferry to Sidney and then Port Renfrew, Naniamo, St. Alberni, Tofino, Gold River, ???

I rode it solo a few years back and had a great time.

I'm in. And it's Port Alberni. :nananana:

Twisties to Gold River. Unfortunately one way in and the same way out. Could go to Tofino or Ucluelet (which is cheaper). Again- same road in and out. But the beaches are great.

Volcano Ride is Aug. 5. Better stay away from that.

Yes a few of those roads are one way in and same way out BUT they are fun roads and worth riding twice!

When I was up a few years ago (2011 I believe) I rode from Sidney, had lunch in Port Renfrew, then through Lake Cowichan to Naniamo. Stayed at the Naniamo Travel lodge, day two rode through Port (sorry) Alberni out to Tofino and back to base in Naniamo. Day three was up to Campbell river, out to Gold River and back to Naniamo.

I vowed to go back, would like to actually go farther north up to Port Hardy or Port Alice, but that becomes more of a week long trip instead of a long weekend.

Beautiful area, awesome scenery.

You could skip Gold River and Tofino and go north all the way. Still a long weekend. Haven't been that far north so can't comment on the roads.