• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

...Sparkie Plug Question...

;D...I was informed by the dealer that the C14 comes equipped with Iridium plugs that are supposed to last a looonnng time...up to 100K miles in our Toyota RAV.  I just received the shop manual for the bike and it suggests plug changes every year or 12K miles...SO, what's the story folks...?  Thanks.. ;) 

I just had to have mine replaced at 9,500 miles.  I know this is not most peoples experience, but mine developed a pretty bad low RPM  roughness or stumble, new plugs and it is like new.  Manual (08) says replace at 7,500 miles.

Another Kawi fopah. Replacing sparkplugs at 7500miles. That's either a typo or just stupidity. You replace spark plugs when necessary. That is: when gas mileage drops or you get rough idling, or some other tuning or performance glitch. You always start with spark plug replacement because that is the cheapest cure, if, in fact, it solves the problem.

Check this Oregon rider. Concours 14 / ZG1400 General Chat and Tech / Re: 7.5k service on '11 c14

Oregonrider. I'm riding a 2008 just turned 65k. Mi. Checked valves at 28k they were spot on. Have not changed plugs. Gas mileage remains the same since new. Check your gas mileage once in awhile if it remains about the same and runs smooth keep smiling.

Thanks for the great info.  I agree with the common sense approach which is monotor your gas mileage and how the bike is running/idling etc.  Plug longevity directly related to how the motorcyle is driven.