• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Spotlight questions.

Hey SquidforLife!
I understand the price on the Denali's is high but boy are they nice. Mine are mainly for conspicuity as they say.  I have the DM version and they have been great.  Mine are mounted on the front fender bolts where they are low and easy to run wires to.  My son runs some cheapies on his C14 he got on eBay and they also work pretty well, putting the lie to the high price claims, but what can I say?  I am a brand name geek for peanut butter, toothpaste and aux lighting.  I put mine on a Rowe Electronics PDM60 so they turn on 10 seconds after the engine starts so they don't pull down the battery too much on start up.  Don't know if it really makes a difference but it sure does sound good.

Check out the photo attached.  Good luck!
Gilbysan

Attachments

• Denalis Mount.jpg
    Denalis Mount.jpg
    277.3 KB · Views: 150
Hate to be a jerk, but I started to respond yesterday, and realized that a SEARCH is what you need to do.

Lots and lots of previous posts on this topic.  And alot of subjective opinions for you to filter through.

This is the place I'd look for reasonable prices on lighting:

http://stores.advmonster.com/led-lights/

Sky's the limit on what you can spend on Denali's and Clearwaters.

Good luck.

gr

gilbysan said:
Hey SquidforLife!
I understand the price on the Denali's is high but boy are they nice. Mine are mainly for conspicuity as they say.  I have the DM version and they have been great.  Mine are mounted on the front fender bolts where they are low and easy to run wires to.  My son runs some cheapies on his C14 he got on eBay and they also work pretty well, putting the lie to the high price claims, but what can I say?  I am a brand name geek for peanut butter, toothpaste and aux lighting.  I put mine on a Rowe Electronics PDM60 so they turn on 10 seconds after the engine starts so they don't pull down the battery too much on start up.  Don't know if it really makes a difference but it sure does sound good.

Check out the photo attached.  Good luck!
Gilbysan

Thank you very much....pretty sure i will go the same route.