• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Spousal Abuse of a C14

dentalpiano

Tricycle
After a few months of debate, my wife and I negotiated a 2014 C14 at our local Kawi dealer. I had been visiting and harassing the Floor Manager for a few months, and the temperature in Colorado has been dropping.
We are excited, and after 3 hours of paperwork, I am ready to bring her home. My wife insists that she follows me to the kids' school to show them their new sister...all is good and romantic.
It is dark already. We are waiting for a stoplight change, when I suddenly feel the rear tire taking off from the road and tipping the bike left. No matter how hard I tried, the inertia just put her on the floor. My new 15-mile old bike. My wife didn't even feel what was happening, as she was talking to our oldest son. After a minute that felt like an eternity, she realized what had happened, and jump to help me and the other two (strangers) helping me on my feet and pick up the bike.
One problem. She forgot to put the Jeep in "Park"...
Dragged the bike on the floor a few feet before she was able to jump back and stop the car.
The foot shifter is bent backwards, and my plastic is all messed up! She is now awaiting parts at the dealer, lonely, depressed and cold...
I was run over by my wife...twice...I am taking her off the Life Insurance beneficiaries...

Maybe she wasn't so happy about the purchase in the first place.....  It may seem like an accident, but when the footage is reviewed...
:))
:))

Welcome to the forum. All I can say is WOW!  If there is a prize for the best CDA story, you will win.  Hopefully the Connie and relationship heals.  I feel for you. It will be good in the end. Chin up.

So sorry to hear of your misfortune, got any pics? and that your wife took out your new mistress! And she
didn't hide the assault either! You might want to consider having someone else drop you off when Connie is re-dressed,
and rent her a secret pad, 'cause your wife is too damn jealous..

Welcome to the forum, Julio - and congrats on the new Connie!  Don't worry, she'll be fixed up good as new in no time.  But I do have a question:  What do you mean by I suddenly feel the rear tire taking off from the road and tipping the bike left. No matter how hard I tried, the inertia just put her on the floor.  Were you at a stop when the rear tire began to spin?  Were you moving forward and just lost traction?  Were you waiting at the stoplight when the rear wheel started lifting up off the ground?

Glad you weren't hurt, anyhow.

Hi,
        As my wife is Puerto Rican I know she likes my bike, because me and the bike has not been stuffed in the garbage compactor!!! (yet!) ;D

Attachments

• a52af0b59f7cbd583ffb8efcf7dc29bb.jpg
    a52af0b59f7cbd583ffb8efcf7dc29bb.jpg
    83.6 KB · Views: 150
:-\ I feel your pain. My bike was hit and run. That Plastic is EXPENSIVE.
Good Luck maybe it will never go over again, got it out of the way early...

Funny you live in Colorado.  I was stationed in Aurora 91-93.  Somebody had hit my car, and was shopping for estimates.  This story is worse than yours, trust me, you will feel better!!!

While in one of the auto body shops, I noticed they had a picture of a Hyundai Accent on the wall, that the shop had cut from the front windshield pillar back, to install a new rear section.  First time I had seen a car cut like this, and I asked, why risk cutting that apart and putting back together, why not just buy another with insurance money?  Apparently, a young airman had just purchased this car.  As he was leaving the lot, after his new purchase, had apparently missed the semi coming that rear ended him, and totaled the car.  Since he just drove it off the lot, the value dropped $5,000, and that poor couple had to hock everything they owned to repair their "new" car.

Hope you and the mistress will be back to foolin around in no time!!!  Sorry to hear that horrible story!!

Hello!
Thanks for the welcoming words. On behalf of my mistress, thanks for your kind words!
My bike is ready to be picked up. My wife volunteered to take me to work, so I could drive her back home. Needless to say, I declined her offer.
I'm just hoping that it wont by snowing by the time I can find an hour to go get her.
And yes, the plastic was EXPENSIVE!! But I also added the handlebar lifters. I am going to order the Canyon Cages and some sliders to try and protect her a bit more.
BTW, Is it true that the Cages have to be removed every time the oil is changed?

JS

Julio said:
BTW, Is it true that the Cages have to be removed every time the oil is changed?

JS
No, you can even make a couple of cuts so you do not have to take them off when you take the Tupperware off.

Thanks!!!

She is back!!! I decided not to change part of the tupperware, just to buff it, in exchange of bar risers. WHAT A DIFFERENCE!!!!!!!!!

Glad you're enjoying the bar risers, Julio.  Glad too that you weren't hurt and that Connie is back up and running.  Those Canyon Cages are an EXCELLENT investment; Connie is a top-heavy girl and she'll flop right over if given a moment of inattention - particularly with a full tank of fuel.

When you first popped up you were still a forum member, so thanks for joining - I can now see your COG number in the left hand column.  And so it has now become my sad duty to confirm you as the 524th recipient of the uncoveted Connie Droppers Anonymous Award.  You have another tale to share around a Rally campfire.  My sincerest condolences!

The five most recent unfortunates:

0520 C10 Steve Sinner
0521 C14 Tom Womack
0522 C14 Richard Close Jr.
0523 C14 Charlie Moore
0524 C14 Julio Sekler