• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Spring Fling 2024

Update from Wellsboro, Pa.................
The Sherwood Motel has always been a very nice place but it's even nicer now!
They did a make over to all the rooms in the front section of the motel. New fixtures, window treatments, bathrooms floors & Counter tops.
Really nice!
There is a new Mexican restuarant on main street. Not real fancy and got mixed reveiws from our group. But they just opened.
Sad news. The Native Bagle is closed permanently!
There is another new restuarant on Main st. where is the Red Skillet use to be. Can't think of the name off the top of my head.
Everything else is still looking pretty great in town.
Room booking info will be released soon!
Jason

Last edited:
The places mentioned in this article are all within range of Wellsboro. Some of our posted sample GPX routes can be modified to add visits to many of these "hidden gems."

Who has booked rooms?
Any issues?
jason
I just tried, but had to leave a call back number with the gist being I hadn't called during their regular business hours. ????????

Will see how long it takes to get called back.

I'd say we're going to have a real nice turnout. With the rooms booked and registrations in at this point I'm betting we're around 50 when all said and done.
See you there.
jason

Sherwood wouldn't let me book a room because I'm not on the COG registration list. This is the first time in 20 years I've run into this. I usually like to make sure there is a room available before I register for an event.

Sherwood wouldn't let me book a room because I'm not on the COG registration list. This is the first time in 20 years I've run into this. I usually like to make sure there is a room available before I register for an event.

Dave - AFAIK you should be able to book a room first without event registration. Try again. Hopefully Jason (@gsjay) will stop in and comment.

I have no idea where this is coming from!
They don't have a list! Let me reach out to them, someone there is confused.
jason

All booked & registered for the Spring Rally & Barb & I are looking forward to being & seeing everyone in Wellsboro, PA again & I was told Rally Central will be full soon!!! Plus I hope everyone stays safe & has fun over the holidays too!!! :)

All booked & registered for the Spring Rally & Barb & I are looking forward to being & seeing everyone in Wellsboro, PA again & I was told Rally Central will be full soon!!! Plus I hope everyone stays safe & has fun over the holidays too!!! :)
Registered today for the event. The Sherwood hotel has no more rooms at $84. I booked at the canyon hotel for that price.

Room reserved, I'll be there. Can't wait. I've been riding there before, great roads, twisty and very little traffic.

38 people registered!
Rooms in our block still available at the Canyon motel.
MIght get a room at the Sherwood, outside of our block.
And don't forget the Penn Wells Lodge is across the fence from the Sherwood. (no block held)
BOOK THOSE ROOMS!
Jason

Asking as a novice to COG rallies, does everyone arrive on the 16th, ride on the 17th and 18th, and leave on the 19th? Coming from upstate New York - Albany area.

Asking as a novice to COG rallies, does everyone arrive on the 16th, ride on the 17th and 18th, and leave on the 19th? Coming from upstate New York - Albany area.

Pretty much, Al... It will be much the same format as the Lake George event you attended.
You will find most of our weekend events, first date is arrival day, and last date is departure. (many of our events you can get the same room discount before and after the event to extend your stay... ask the venue)
Our National Rallies typically run MON-FRI. Many arrive SUN. Some attendees begin departing FRI, remainder on SAT.

I'm told there are only 6 rooms remaining at the Canyon Motel.........
jason

Last edited:
have any of you thought about where you're going to eat dinner when in Wellsboro?
jason

45 registered for the Spring Fling!
Wow, this will be the large Spring event in some time.
BOOK THOSE ROOMS!
Jason

Looking for anyone interested in riding from New England area to the rally. I live in Rhode Island so anywhere to meet is good for me.

Registration is hovering around 50!
Anyone thinking about Parking Lot Snacks or Games?
Burnout pit?
Smoked Turkey Legs?
Walking Taco's?
Jason

Used to love when Sherm? made his concoctions in the blender.

Telling tall tales of derring do.
Feats of strength.
Airing of grievances.
Demonstrations of putting a C-10 on it's centerstand with bare feet, some may remember this when Dave Muir and I did this for beers one time many moons ago.

Last edited: