• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Spring Wrench Session - Georgia style - March 22

Tom NWGA

Those of you wanting to get a jump on the Spring riding season there will be a Wrenching Session in Rome, Georgia on Saturday, March 22 from 9 A to 4 P. Here's the registration link:  http://bit.ly/1bWHrG9

Intended for general maintenance (oil and fluid changes, lube, etc.), and some minor farkle installation. Am willing to take on one more complex task for general consumption - in the past this has been a fork oil change or a C-10 valve adjust. Am thinking about repairing one of my broken tabs and demonstrating the technique for checking hydrolock but other suggestions are welcome.

As per the usual, bring your own fluids and parts. Registration link also mentions two local outlets that you can order (and prepay) from which I will be happy to tote and fetch to have the stuff waiting here upon your arrival. Tools and equipment on site include an air compressor, mityvac, waste oil containers, rags, and an assorted group of odd sized sockets and screwdrivers to get the job done.  Lunch will be BBQ brought in from a local establishment.

It's been a good time had by those attending, and sometimes, we even learn a thing or two!!

Thanks for the info. Considering riding out and swapping front tire and meeting some of the other riders. Would fork seals be to in-depth for a wrenching session? ??? Admitted newbie.

Hi Art,
Welcome to the group, I am a relative newbie to the group having moved to this area a little over a year ago although not to motorcycles as I have spent my life fixing them.
I can't speak for Tom but if it is a "go" let me know what year your bike is as I may have some required special tools like seal drivers or damper rod tools and circlip pliers. My inventory is for the older models with 41 mm fork tubes. I have changed my fork seals several times and recommend oem seals as all the aftermarket seals only seem to last for a couple years.
George

Art,
Sounds like a plan. Get us your information and we will do what we can. Look forward to meeting you and any friends you bring along for the ride.
Tom

Guys I thank you so much for your kindness and generosity. Unfortunately, found out last night I will not able to attend (Dad Stuff). Hopefully I will still be able to meet you and ride with you soon. Thanks again.

Time is getting near  :-\
And the weather is getting dear  :great:
Sooo, sign up and get in gear :)
But have no fear
There will be no poetry when you're here... ;)

Ok, time to get off the fence, register, and order those fluids, filters, and such!

Time is growing near: Saturday March 22 from 9a - 4p
Location info:              See registration form (http://bit.ly/1iHO5Pf)

Local dealer (good folks!):              Kawasaki of Rome (706) 235-3454

Order (and pay!!) this week by Tuesday to have parts in by Friday. I will pick up and have them waiting on you when you arrive.

Looking forward to it. Rock says he's coming, too. See you Saturday.
Ron

Looking forward to seeing one and all tomorrow. Google this for directions:

4 Bray Road SE, Rome, GA

Hours: 9 a - 4 p

Remember to BYO tools, fluids, parts! See ya here!

Had a little tire problem (I thought) tonight, but I think I've got her fixed. Phil and I are meeting in Jasper @ 8:45 so we'll be there asap.
Ron

I am wrapped up with weighty family responsibilities and will thus miss this wrench session. I usually am there with bells on, because it's SO FUN! Even if you don't need to do any big jobs on your bike, it's a great reason to ride to a new place and hang out with like-minded people. That's enough to ride for; but add to that Tom's spacious work area, his sweetheart of a bride, and the infamous bleeding of the clutch, or was it the brake, and it CAN'T go wrong!

Sorry you couldn't come, Jenn, but family first!

Tom-thank you for putting on another nice meeting. It was great to meet some new folks including your wife and son and get reacquainted with some others. It's very nice of your family to open up the estate (when we can find it-y'all are just going to have to move  :)) )

The weather you managed to secure was perfect. It had everything but rain. Way to go!!!
Ron

Enjoyed everyone's visit today. We got a little bit of wrenching done on ignition, wiring setups, and an oil change. Felt good enough to ride, so when Mike (Solarismike) shows up after lunch Doug and I head off to show him the site of the camping for the Spring Rally (Roman Roast), the City of Cave Spring, and Berry College. Then headed downtown Rome for some great calzones with Mike. It's all good!

Yes Tom, a great time appeared to be had by all.  Like Jenn, I did not have much I wanted to do on the bike (mechanically) for the day, but I remember what a good ride follows the event.  :)  I will be spending much more time in the NW corner of Georgia and drifting over into the NE Alabama area as well.  Great roads up there and much more for me to see.  I enjoy going to an area and the locals showing you their preferred routes and local sites. 

Doug, I'd like to thank you as well as Tom for the ride route and historical disclosures along the way.  While I do love riding alone when I have to, riding with folks that are familiar with an area makes it a much more interesting ride.  Again, thank you both!

With the Roman Roast on the near horizon, I know I will be riding with you guys again very soon.  I will be sure to be there!