• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

St. Croix River Valley Ride - 9/26/15

tundra tom

Calling all COG members and Guests. We have a ride going from Stillwater MN across the St.Croix River valley into Wisconsin. There is a Fall Festival to attend with live music then to our home for grilling & chilling.

Meeting at the Perkins in Stillwater  9/26/15 around 9:00AM for Breakfast. 2050 W Frontage Rd Stillwater, MN 55082. Leaving at 10:00AM.

The ride will be back to our house for a cookout, campfire, horseshoes etc. I have ample camping room available and there is a Holiday Inn nearby if needed. 2190 U.S. Highway 8  St. Croix Falls, WI 54024

Please reply or register so we can plan for the food.

Thank you!

Tom

Roger Dodger said:
YOU are the man Tom!!!  :)

Put me down for 2.  This seems to be one of my (wifes) favorite rides.

Great to hear you two will make it. I found a great road while riding for work a month ago. Now to plan the route....

I'm in! Thanks for putting this together again Tom, and I hope we see some of our new area members turn out for this cool local event :) 

Huh,
Seems like every event in this area is on a weekend I have my kids.  I guess it will work out sooner or later. Tom if there is a week night or the weekend of the 5th or 19th that you want to go scouting for your route I would be game.  I can be in St. Croix Falls in about 20 min.  Even better, if you are leaving from Stillwater, I am right across the river.

Jeff said:
Huh,
Seems like every event in this area is on a weekend I have my kids.  I guess it will work out sooner or later. Tom if there is a week night or the weekend of the 5th or 19th that you want to go scouting for your route I would be game.  I can be in St. Croix Falls in about 20 min.  Even better, if you are leaving from Stillwater, I am right across the river.

Jeff,
That would be good as I need to do that. I will PM you my cell # for texting etc.

Tom, do you have a GPS file worked up for this ride?  If so, could you share in advance?  We old folks get lost easily... ;)
Thnx,
Don

Happy Friday Don. I don't have a GPS file yet but plan to work on it this weekend. What method have you you guys used for sharing routes? The Harley planner link did not work last time.

I thought the file could be inserted into this thread or placed on the calendar event page, but I'm not an IT guy.

I have tried to use the "Attachments and other option" line below to do a trial with a related file I had.  Tell me if it worked.  If not, it could be sent as an email attachment to the regional membership through Jeff perhaps.
Don

Attachments

• 2015 MN-WI Spring Ride.gdb
    110.2 KB · Views: 93
Tom,
I'm planning on making this one. Not sure if my wife will attend. She has a pending conference that day. If I'm solo, I might just bring my tent and sleeping bag.

Hey Tom,

Been a long time since I rode with you and hope to do it again but might not make this one either.  That is the weekend we are pulling docks and boats from the lake, I think.  If not I'll try to join in.

Tom

Hi Tom,  it would be great if you could make it. Cookie, sounds great,  we had a few overnighters last year and even got a pontoon ride in at dusk.
As for posting the route maybe we should just show up for breakfast and get ride sheets like the old days. ;)

Tom, Thanks again for organizing such a nice ride, great weather, and wonderful hospitality!!!

You win the trifecta!!! Many thanks, Roger and Eileen

Roger Dodger said:
Tom, Thanks again for organizing such a nice ride, great weather, and wonderful hospitality!!!

You win the trifecta!!! Many thanks, Roger and Eileen

Roger, Eileen and yourself are very welcome. I have to admit it was a rather hectic week since we got home late Sunday from the Spider Rally.
A good time was had by all, not a great deal of riding but some good stops along the way.
Too bad I didn't get any pictures at the house but here are some starting with breakfast.
Joann and I got some fishing in before dark and then the usual campfire till bedtime.

Cheers ! :beerchug: