• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Stagecoach XVII, Stockton, AL

IronButtAl

I've been riding, but by the end of the month, I'll need to take a RIDE. Anyone thinking about doing the the Stagecoach XVII 'Last Ride of the Year' to Stockton, AL? It comes on the heels of the SECOG 'Last Blast' ride hosted by Larry Buck in Titusville, FL, so there's an opportunity to get a little back to back riding done before some weather sets in. Just askin' is all.        Al

http://www.thelastrideoftheyear.com/

http://www.cog-online.org/clubportal/EventDetail.cfm?clubID=1328&EventID=176768&mo=12&tDate={d%20%272013-12-01%27}

http://dixiecrossroads.com/

Kinda, sorta, maybe.

Ideas on logistics? Overnight somewhere in Lower Alabama for two nights?

A good opportunity to get restocked on some Abita Andygator.

If it's this day only, a down and back was my thought as well. Combo with Last Blast would be different.

It's kinda of sort of on my radar. Did it a few years ago, 2010, I think. Tried to do it last year but my cousin couldn't make it out of his house due to ice, so I bagged it as it was below freezing and I was worried about ice as well.

If the weather looks decent, I'll probably go unless we go to what ever bowl game USC ends up in, which is still a possibility.

Don't know about including the Last Blast as I would have to head back home or spend two nights on the road. So, more than likely it will be a down and back from the Atl.

So right now, I'm a definite possible maybe.

i have done these in the past-they are great with a good turn out of riders.i cant make it this year as i gotta work......have a good time and tell everybody i said hello.

IronButtAl said:
You could spend two nights with me buddy.................

Yeah, but I'd probably be to hung over to ride.  :beerchug:

But, I'll keep as an option. I have the time off, so no big deal there. Let me sort it out and I'll get back to you.

Thanks for the offer.

I'll be at Stagecoach, as it is a short haul for me. But I do have the Last Blast on my radar, and that would probably be a run over the day before and roll west with a full belly Saturday. Hhmm.

:motonoises:                    :motonoises:

Bump.... ride, socialize, eat and ride some more...........
                                                                        :)

What's the date and time for the Stagecoach, is it still happening?, or are we talking about a previous one?
An interweb search showed a whole bunch of horse and buggy and shotgun stuff in Virginia City  :eek:

Well, the Last Blast is out for me. But still working on the Last Ride. Kay & I are attending the Capital One Bowl so I am trying to work out how to fit the Last Ride in. To be continued......

Victor Salisbury said:
Ahhhhh so, that got it closer.
So it's Dec 30th, 2013?  FYI, website links in the event no worky  :(  so I couldn't confirm
Too bad thats a work day.......

Vic,

FYI, The Last Ride of the Year is always on December 30th, regardless of the day of the week.

Kurt

Ahhhh, I see, makes sense, thanks
I've heard rumblings of the ride over the years, been curious about attending it, just never mustered up to do it. Seems like a neat gig. Will have to plan accordingly for next time.....

Won't be much better for you next year Vic. It's on Tuesday in 2014.
Makes about as much sense as going to IL every year for a cheeseburger, but I like doing that also. Kind of like my runs to Maine for a lobster and right back home. Hey......I never said I was smart. But I do like to ride ;)      Al

Trying to explain the sense in long distance riding to a person with any sense makes no sense, and is just down right nonsensical.

I was explaining the Big Money Rally to my wife, you know riding around to far away places usually in the middle of nowhere to get a photo of my bike and a particular object, like a library or a courthouse, or where Billy Graham started...yeah, you know, it makes no sense.

But I like it.  :sign0151:

handyman said:
Trying to explain the sense in long distance riding to a person with any sense makes no sense, and is just down right nonsensical.

I was explaining the Big Money Rally to my wife, you know riding around to far away places usually in the middle of nowhere to get a photo of my bike and a particular object, like a library or a courthouse, or where Billy Graham started...yeah, you know, it makes no sense.

But I like it.  :sign0151:

I've stopped explaining it and just tell them that is just what we do.

Kurt

Beats trying to chase a little white ball all over hill and dale, especially after one of my swings... :mad:

Hey...this is something that fits my schedule..it would be great to see my pal Al and other cog folks....it is a 400 mile ride/day for me which is a trip around the block for coggers.

Pastor Tyler

Ty, that would be great buddy. Its been a long time. Hope to see you there.
Always say one for me. I need all the help I can get.            Al

Looks like I'm doing a down and back on Monday. ETA should be about 1030am local. If Tom is still going we'll meet up in LaGrange and ride down and back.

This trip won't happen. Brother-in-law passed away at 48 and the funeral is Monday. Was really looking forward to the meet and greet. Have fun and I will see you guys down the road.

Pastor Tyler

So sorry to get this news, Rev. Glad you are there to be with the remaining family, though. Till next time.

handyman said:
41F in Stockton Alabama. Chilly, but warmer than last year's 20's.

Randy, enjoyed hanging with you. Just made it back home. Tom and I split off in LaGrange, I'm sure he made it back safely as well.

Kurt

MotoCommuter said:
handyman said:
41F in Stockton Alabama. Chilly, but warmer than last year's 20's.

Randy, enjoyed hanging with you. Just made it back home. Tom and I split off in LaGrange, I'm sure he made it back safely as well.

Kurt

Volcantour said:
Yep, I did. Good to see each of you this day.

Great seeing you guys too. Lotsa LDR fellas there for sure. I ended up running due south to the coast to scope out a site and then ran due east on 98. Four+ hours of rush hour & urban traffic, but a good day nonetheless.

Till next time.

Randy