• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Steves Flash

Status
Not open for further replies.

fisher

[size=36pt][/size]    I bought a 2008 Concours 5 years ago shortly after that I found this great group. Shortly after that I started following Steve and his work on his flash. Matt from NJ. loved it and was testing it I believe. I had already figured out how to drive it fairly smoothly. I kept thinking I don't need more power ,that's for sure. But they kept saying its about the drivability and I thought I had that. Being (frugal) I thought I would just continue on. My mistake. During the covid shutdown I was on the forum and decided to check out Steves site. It was the last day of his $50 dollar off sale. took that as an omen and sent the check. The ECU was gone for 6 days. Northeast weather sucks so no big deal. Started up the bike smoothed out the idle a little and that was it. I've put about 400 miles on it. I got the mtn. runner Premium as I run the high octane gas anyways. What a difference, this bike is so smooth now its kind of hard to believe its the same machine. No more jerkiness in and out of corners. Just roll the throttle off going in and back on coming out. No more thought about it. Slow speed is maneuvering is much better. I'm riding one gear higher then usual. You want to pass or just go, twist it up and you are gone. Don't know what my previous gas mileage was but it's 40 to 41 per. now, which I never saw before. The sound out the exhaust is different, throatier. The bike is much more USER FRIENDLY now. Steve was awesome did everything exactly like he said he would. If your contemplating doing this, don't, just do it ! You will not be sorry! If you do, be careful when you twist it up! It's not for the faint of heart! Thank You Steve!

Status
Not open for further replies.