• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Stock C14 Seat with built in backrest for sale

TMK45

My wife loved it but since I now have the Sargent seat and we also have a Givi trunk, we no longer use this seat.

I have listed it on e-Bay for $99 but if anyone is interested just let me know.

I have attached a pic.

Any questions just let me know.

Tom

Attachments

• IMG_0219 large.jpg
    IMG_0219 large.jpg
    165.4 KB · Views: 168
hi all.  The seat sold on ebay :)

So for all who asked, yes this is a headrest from a 2006 Volvo XC-90.  I picked it up on eBay for $50.00

The headrest has 2 1/2 chrome tubes that slide into the seat of the XC-90.  What I did was Mark on the seat with Silver Sharpie where the tubes will line up and make 2 small incisions (making an X) - and mark the foam so you know where the drill.  Unstaple the vinyl from the rear portion of the seat and using an exacto knife remove the foam in a circular motion where the tubes will go down the plastic pan.

Once you see the pan, get a 1/2 in drill bit and drill through the bottom of the plastic pan.  Be careful and use a 1/4 bit first as a starter bit.  Once you are through the pan, insert the headrest through the holes and get an idea of where you will need to cut the tubes off (this is a permanent cut so be careful on the height).  Mark the tubes and remove the headrest.  Use a hack saw to cut there tubes off and file them smooth.  Put the headrest back on the seat and now you need to drill a small (1/8") hole through the side of the plastic pan and into the tubes for 2 small sheet metal screws to hold the headrest in place.

Once the are drilled, take the headrest out and recover the seat with the vinyl.  You will need a powerful stapler to re-attach it to the pan.

At this point, put the headrest back in through the slits you cut in the vinyl, flip it over and reattach secure it with there screws.  After that, put back the foam insulation using a spray clue (3M tacky spray).

It's not perfect but now the headrest becomes a backrest and all for about $65!

Tom