• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

STOCK EXHAUST MODIFICATIONS

Alan,

Thanks a lot for your effort...preciate it dude!

I am leaning toward the oval carbon fiber...mainly because I don't polishing well and I am afraid  that stainless steel muffler may start looking like a staining storage canvas...I don't go no time for shining metals on a bike

The Carbon definitely looks good, holds dirt well, and costs more, don't it?

Thanks Alan for the foot work, I just spoke with Luke Padilla and he must have felt bad about only giving 10 percent because when I ordered mine he said 20 percent.  I didn't complain and the whole shebang was 152.91 with shipping for a 17" Tri-oval.  I can't wait, oh and I'll buy you a beverage if we ever meet.    :beerchug:

Jerry,  Thanks for the offer and I will take you up on it in the future.  :beerchug: :) Let me know how it sounds at HIGH RPMs.    Thanks & RIDE  SAFE :great:

I started this thread. After all the post believe it or not, I am going to leave my OEM alone. First, I like the quiet. Second, I like the cost, $0.  Third, I like the effort, 0%.
In addition to my c14, I have a 2005 Yamaha Vmax. It has two chrome supertrapp mufflers with eight disks on each side on it. Folks, it is loud, even with my full coverage helmet shut. Sound super cool idling, reving, but it is loud on the road. So I have learned to like quiet. May even listen to some music going down the road!

The other reason I will stay with the OEM is because to me, the aftermarket cans installed have no style or design. To me, they look like a chromed car muffler. If a reasonably priced aftermarket with good reviews and super styling were there, maybe I would be more inclined to consider.

In conclusion, I should tell Kawasaki America Motorcycle folks the next re-design should include dual stylish mufflers. They should take a look at the 2013 FJR mufflers then make a pair that would put them to shame (not that they are bad, they really look pretty good).

Here is Nando's revised shortening muffler mod...

I be willing to bet, on a muffler beauty contest, this bazooka would come in at least second to ZG's bitches...just guessing

Attachments

• 20130116_115828.jpg
    20130116_115828.jpg
    168.1 KB · Views: 177
nando said:
Here is Nando's revised shortening muffler mod...

I be willing to bet, on a muffler beauty contest, this bazooka would come in at least second to ZG's bitches...just guessing

;D  :beerchug:

Must be a nice day there today eh ND? No shoe's or shirt will get you frost bite around here today...  ;)

ZG,

It was freezing last night here, dude I had to sleep with a shirt on--please try not to picture that

I think it went down to 71...brrrrr!...

Not for long Bruce,
I just ordered a carbon Delkevic...so I am hoping it does not alter how my bike is running because it is running like butter

Maybe you would want to buy a spare Bruce?

Thanks Nando, but...nah.  As I mentioned earlier, I'll probably order one after ski season.  Yesterday was epic...mid 30's, and sunny...not a cloud in the sky, and the snow was awesome.  Sorry, I digress. 

nando said:
ZG,

It was freezing last night here, dude I had to sleep with a shirt on--please try not to picture that

I think it went down to 71...brrrrr!...

And it was REALLY cold when that cloud came over me today while riding and it dropped to 70!  I almost turned on the heated grips...and then it passed.  Whew!  :p

RideBell, no fair.  Here in Eugene, it has been foggy and low 30's for the past 5 days, w/ more of the same to come.  I had to get out of the valley yesterday to actually see the sun again.  :'(

Installed a Leo Vince on my 2011, very easy install.  Sounds great you can feel the additional power and best of all shed 25 pounds from the bike!  With OEM bazooka off it looks a 1000% better, too.

Colorado Concours said:
Installed a Leo Vince on my 2011, very easy install.  Sounds great you can feel the additional power and best of all shed 25 pounds from the bike!  With OEM bazooka off it looks a 1000% better, too.

How does the sound of the Leo Vince compare to other slip on's? Loudness wise?

Ride safe, Ted

Wow... now this is an old thread... :rotflmao:

I guess I'll post my moded Electrolux again...

And it does change the sound, not annoyingly, just pleasingly gruntier...

Anyone ever tried the dual exhaust ? I need to replace my stock bazooka on my new 2013 . I had Two brothers on my last C14 and loved it, but i do like the symetry of a dual exhaust . Any performance issues or benefits from doing so?

Anyone ever tried the dual exhaust ? I need to replace my stock bazooka on my new 2013 . I had Two brothers on my last C14 and loved it, but i do like the symetry of a dual exhaust . Any performance issues or benefits from doing so?
@connie_rider ok give em’ the lowdown on the dual Red…

Wayne, Carol & Blue

IFhwV63kM_G5ZEOhSzJ5NIq7QhExJw6otUOUWUoNDp-Rit1u96h1uo7QHYGEbCMlTZoClif7jPFyTJUXP2NHs4ZxjYC4kJzvIXtlvJfmiGR4JjGq5UnrtPrwMInLcRVO4km-366UfRikfzqbGSene16ZF_so9N_fVbiFOkFM6jQEO50hqD60Cc5X_x3hlNSXayTpFIfuKNRnJHJWzsZwftjvL_MFJee6W7QNDUqvlGKUlJEI94PyLMkxffyKWS_4ANh5wjxxu2N-zn75CoEV99kKnAW79SjDTZoXUoedoKydOuT9qy4ZhPxm9K978GeoF5IwZTZvx0n-aYKcRuDat492fNAMmCAiPok4y-u0V9CIUOPZZWEBLY0gPYJxItSjM07pNpD4wSJIY6Xcbu6ARJ3c2R8ihA-FMB9sqKgTE0GGpAsY3WRjh_oX9Mae7Sw-pu4v3O5kELJ7vpZL_C-dEqSzIBYDzcWbpbt3x6ZNxQXqV6Y4FOHS4THvonib9CSC77fopMukaE1hARpseGBKIdmMi-x74oVLViPeJY_Wqh6tsV0HlsvFRxuPXBFDSbcN3g4KN6bFtZ7LKjOeAoDgblLv1P5OZF3wjvQE4XdwXi9O5ccBEXdWqaUh0WpX0sf85bF8wbO5NXB7lsruSZOwbszAOAPLeP8=w713-h951-no

RED with Muzzy Duals.

Last edited:
E'nuff sed?

Ride safe, Ted

Ok, ok,,, here is some info;
Currently the easiest way to add duals is to buy the (dual) Delkevic header/muffler set up.
My bike has 2006 ZX-14 headers on it, but that it a LOT more work to do the install.
On the Delks, we haven't seen a dyno plot, but we think their design makes them more Peak HP aligned than Optimal torque.
Steve has done testing on them and came up with an EZ modification to keep the Peak HP while gaining some extra low/mid range torque.

Wow, love the look . Mine is dark blue with black rims so i think i would go with carbon. What brand is the carbon in the photo ? Looks like Delkavic?

The Carbon Mufflers are Area P.
They have slightly smaller mid pipes and internals.
Result is better low end/mid Torque and runs smoother. The Muzzy's prolly had more peak HP, but lumpy idle.
The header is a 2006 ZX-14 header.

Thanks for the info Connie Rider! I see the center stand in your photos. I read on Delkevic site that it was not compatible with the center stand . Perhaps i looked at the wrong headers?

I was told that the Delkevic Duals work with the center stand and side stand(??)
In fact, I think Delkavic told me that they would work(??)
Hopefully someone can post the correct info.
The Area P left side muffler and mid pipe on my bike are an Area P right side muffler and mid pipe that I modified to make it fit on the left side.
Lotsa work!
Additionally the side and center stand on my bike are modified to fit with the duals.
More work.

NOTE: The center stand mod is pretty EZ to do.
ie; You just need to modify the foot {that you use to push the center stand down} a bit to clear the left mid pipe.

I feel adding headers gives you some extra push, but I don't think the dual muffler set up has much {if any} advantage over the single muffler set up. (it comes down to looks mostly)

(dollar for dollar) The biggest/easiest thing you can do to improve your bikes power is get it "FLASHed" and add a slip-on muffler.
I have the Mountain Runner Premium Flash on my bike, and it really works good with my header set up.
Other members use Ivans flash and like it.

Ride safe, Ted

Last edited:
Ted, in considering whether or not to get the headers, the Delkevic are SS. Do you know what the stock headers are ? My concern is if they will end up the same rusty looking color in a few years and defeat the purpose ?

ex
I was told that the Delkevic Duals work with the center stand and side stand(??)
In fact, I think Delkavic told me that they would work(??)
Hopefully someone can post the correct info.
The Area P left side muffler and mid pipe on my bike are an Area P right side muffler and mid pipe that I modified to make it fit on the left side.
Lotsa work!
Additionally the side and center stand on my bike are modified to fit with the duals.
More work.

NOTE: The center stand mod is pretty EZ to do.
ie; You just need to modify the foot {that you use to push the center stand down} a bit to clear the left mid pipe.

I feel adding headers gives you some extra push, but I don't think the dual muffler set up has much {if any} advantage over the single muffler set up. (it comes down to looks mostly)

(dollar for dollar) The biggest/easiest thing you can do to improve your bikes power is get it "FLASHed" and add a slip-on muffler.
I have the Mountain Runner Premium Flash on my bike, and it really works good with my header set up.
Other members use Ivans flash and like it.

Ride safe, Ted
Hi again Ted
I confirmed with Delkevic that the dual header i an interested in is not compatible with the center stand, would require some mod. You mentioned that you had modified yours slightly. Does that require cutting and welding or is this something that can be done with brackets and nuts and bolts?

Hi again Ted,
Sorry to pester you with so many questions. After speaking with Steve at
shoodaben, i am definitely going to get the mountain runner premium. He mentioned you are the man to talk with regarding dual exhaust . From what I learned , it sounds like i need to get the 06-11 oem headers from a Zx14 to have the proper and best system. They seem to be available enough on ebay for between 75 and 150 bucks . My question would be from the headers on, does it matter what mid pipe and Can I choose? Have any advice ?

This forum has put me into information overload.

JW and I talked on the phone and I prolly confused him with my wandering...
ie; Information overload.
So I'm posting the information here.

In my humble opinion {Me Humble? Nahhh 😝} the cheapest (and possibly the best) header/dual muffler set up is;

2006-2007 ZX-14 headers with 2006-2007 ZX-14 slip-ons {from Delkevic or Black Widow}.
To fit and work together it's important that the header "and" slip-on's are for a 2006-2007 ZX-14.
Others will fit/work, but others have different pipe sizes or have a Catalytic Converter.

Here are some Delk. 18" carbon fiber slip-on's for the 2006-2007 ZX-14.

Here is the 2006-2007 ZX-14 Header that I'm referring to. (Note that they do not have a Catalytic Converter).
ZX-14
This "match" is basically a bolt on.
ie; With this set up, minimal mods needed for the headers/dual installation.

Mods required;
,,, Need to find/build a hanger for the left muffler.
,,, The center stand needs to have the foot moved outwards a couple of inches..
These mods are EZ to do.

,,, To make things easier you can replace the Side stand perch with a ZX-14 Side stand Perch.
(Allows a little extra clearance).

But... before you do the headers, Get the bike Flashed!

Ride safe, Ted

Last edited:
Reactions: Bud