• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

strshooter from Moville IA

strshooter3443

Hi, I've had my Connie (2002 C10) since 2008, purchased 2nd hand from my friend at work (God Rest his soul, he has moved across the great divide a few years back). Time doesn't not permit me to speak of him, he was a good guy, and a good friend, and well, at least he sold me his old bike he purchased new :cool: .

I know I should have joined COG years ago, but for some reason, I felt it was ... sort of ok to visit the COG web pages (when they would allow me) and steal information on whatever "Fix" I had going on from time to time. My apologizes, membership wasn't that dear, and I hate stealing, in any form. Why I thought it was ok for me, I don't know. Well, thats bout it I suppose. My Connie just had it's "Front Bevel Gear Gasket" replaced at a local shop. It didn't go exactly like should, but it's a solid fix now, and I'm just waiting on new hoses from MurphsKits. Replaced all of them ... 5 years ago, but with the "FBGCG" replacement, the mech said I should consider new hoses, and after viewing them, I concurred Dr. ... . Murph's still has the full kit, as I thought maybe I'd only get the (3) on the Left hand side. I noticed where I purchase other OEM parts for this MC, that the Coolant hose that come down from the RH side ~ Radiator cap & has a few bends and turns, is NOT longer something that can be purchased as OEM!! While my old Connie was waiting to be slotted and fixed, I decided to purchase a new MC, which I did. I don't ride that much that I needed a new MC, but I do like the freedom of having a 2nd vehicle available, and had figured out that the repairs on my old Connie were going to eat up the summer with zero riding time. Needless to say, but the new MC isn't Japanese, and I like it a lot. It's got cruise control, and heated hand grips and heated seat, some side panniers, and a shorter seat (that really was perfect for my stubby legs, but cut the distance down between my legs and the foot pegs. I had to put the original seat back on till I can lower the current pegs an inch or at least something if I'm to use the lower seat. What's not to love with a new MC, long warranty, and at least for now, no thoughts that "What's next that needs replacement??" as with the 2002 Connie. Still, in a week or so, it will be back up I think, and for whatever reason, I'm not quite ready to try to sell. $11.00 a year to register, $119.00 a year for full insurance, Heys, what's not to like about that? 22, 700 miles on the clock, and I even got it a new Corbin saddle :) {which really looks good, and for me, very comfortable}.

Thats me, sort of. Glad I finally became a member, so far, it's been good to hear from some of the COG folks. Amen, and amen. Later :cool:

Welcome aboard to another Iowan. It was good visiting with you on the phone the other day. Glad you got around to the introduction post