• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Summer Commuting Overpants

TAL2013C14

Training Wheels
Hello All!
I'm looking for suggestions on summer overpants.
I want them mainly for commuting to work, to help keep the road off my work kakis.
I wear an armored mesh coat, and I'm very happy with it.  With an under layer, and a rain jacket over, I'm comfortable commuting in the 30's (degf).
Looking forward to your recommendations.
Thanks,
Tim

I wear the Scorpion Deuce. Full side zip, mesh with armor and reinforced in contact area, zip out liner for cold days. Wear then for 90 mile a day commute in weather from mid 30s to 90s.
Have about 40,000 miles on them. Crash tested on 50 mph slide that destroyed one pocket zipper. Sewed the pocket shut and still wearing, including 8 country OtP tour thru Europe. Got my money's worth!!

any recommendations for something like this in a big and tall size?  I wear a 44x36 pant.  I'm looking for a mesh over pant to protect me in a slide that I can wear year round.

I figure if it's mesh and cold I'll toss on my frogg toggs to cut the wind, and in teh summer the mesh should flow some air.  Either way if I go down wearing kahkis they're going to shred like tissue paper. 

Thanks!