• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

summer/fall riding jacket

geofd

Bicycle
hello,looking for a lighter jacket...have a leather but during summer and early fall its very hot....local shop is having a sale i think olyimpic
or olyimpia sport had a couple nice jacket an air,and a viper one ther ligher one...any one have any other brands they like????thanks
geof d

go to leatherup.com. just purchased a xelement jacket for  $79.if you spend over $89, you get free shipping. the reviews were very positive about this jacket. the only shortcoming about the jacket is that it doesn't have any reflective stripping. If you do order, heed the advice that the jackets run small. I usually wear small, but the smallest was a medium. when I put it on it felt like a small. good armour, has a zip out liner. but definately not a winter coat.

Check out jafrum.com, I got a nice jacket(men's detour mesh jacket with CE armor), good pants, and winter gloves for $105.90. I'm very happy with all 3 products.

I'm a fan of Joe Rocket stuff...for the price they seem well made. I have a nice summer mesh jacket that's awesome, with back shoulder, elbow and forearm protection. And it's usually cooler than wearing nothing, because it keeps the sun off your arms/neck.

I have a Joe Rocket fall jacket (not mesh, solid), both have a nice zip-out liner. Unfortunately it's too large for me (mix up at store, didn't realize until it was past the return date).

I need to post it here - it's brand new, wore it once and put on hanger (price tag string still on one of the zippers. Paid $175 for it. It's a 2XL (was supposed to be an XL-I wear a 44 jacket). This pic sucks (crappy phone!). The little bit of red is the liner zipper

I believe it's the Atomic jacket. Waterproof, multiple vent zippers, removable back, shoulder, elbow/forearm protectors. I'm pretty impressed with it - I'll be buying another one in the right size once I sell this one. The red stripe is on the liner zipper - so you don't confuse the two zippers (smart!)

$100 plus shipping...My mistake is your gain! :(

Attachments

• 2012-09-22_17-07-43_603.jpg
    2012-09-22_17-07-43_603.jpg
    330.7 KB · Views: 93
I've had 2 Joe Rocket jacket for quite a few years, one being textile mesh.  It is actually cooler on a hot day, than just a T shirt, plus it has all the armor in all the right places, including spine protection.  When it gets colder, I have  non mesh textile w/ a removable liner.  This jacket has kept me warm on 30 degree days, but on a hot day, even w/ the inner liner removed, it is almost unbearably hot.  Anyway, for a summer jacket, look at any of the textile mesh jackets out there, as there are quite a few of them.  You won't be disappointed