• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Summer Rain Glove recommendation

Does anyone have a thin rain glove they are happy with they could recommend? I would really like something with a squeegee on the thumb or index finger for wiping the face shield. Don't want anything insulated. I'm sure this has probably been discussed many times before, but I'm not having much luck searching.

Thanks

Scott

That looks like a very good option. Thanks Steve. I have Tourmaster summer gloves in a size Large. Acording to Aerostich I should order a size large of their glove. Does that sound right to you? When I googled the product I found a couple forum entries where people said the sizing was tight.
Scott

I use a pair of Firstgear gloves.  They are not insulated, have a short gauntlet cuff (to shield the jacket cuff), and have the back of the thumb squeegee.  They are a leather and textile mix and seem to work very well.

Scott Bechler said:
That looks like a very good option. Thanks Steve. I have Tourmaster summer gloves in a size Large. Acording to Aerostich I should order a size large of their glove. Does that sound right to you? When I googled the product I found a couple forum entries where people said the sizing was tight.

I'll have to check them to see what size they are to say if they are sized small or not.  I've found Aerostich sales reps to be quite helpful and should be able to provide sizing details.

S Smith said:
I carry a pair of Aerostich Triple Digit Covers and wear them over my regular gloves in rain. 
http://www.aerostich.com/off-and-riding/rain-gear/rain-gear/aerostich-triple-digit-covers.html

I also use the triple digit covers. They can be cumbersome to put on in a hurry. But I already have them over a spare pair of summer gloves. The spare summer gloves really do not take up much more space that the covers themselves. Since I normally carry spare gloves on trips anyway. It makes it a quick swap to the other gloves and I also have spare summer gloves with me. It kind of kills two birds with one stone.

I have the rain off covers (Similar to the triple digit's Bob uses )  they so far are the only thing I have found that is TRULY waterproof...  Every glove I've tried that claims to be waterproof eventually leaves my fingers soaked to the bone (Even my TourMaster "Waterproof" gloves)

They are all good for light rain and such, but extended highway blasts in the rain will result in leaking,  the rain offs (And triple digits) will keep you dry.

I carry a pair of Aerostich Triple Digit Covers and wear them over my regular gloves in rain. 

+1 on the Aerostich Triple Digit Covers!  I use these also and they work great!

Hamster