• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Summit Pictures

greg.m784

Street Cruiser
^-^

These can be cool threads.  Hope you guys don't mind if I start one.

From yesterday's ride:
Ebbets%20Pass%20-%20800.jpeg

GPS of the same spot:
Ebbets%20pass2%20-%20800.jpg

Nice pics, looks like fun.

How did you get that screenshot of the GPS.  I think that is cool.  I have taken photos of mine before, but it always looked just like that... a photo of a GPS...

I went and look and in two trips to Colorado and almost every pass I did not take a picture of one sign.  I have lots of pictures taken at passes?

Hey, Greg, it looks like you made it up there after all  :beerchug:.  We stopped about 200 yards short of that sign for a picnic when we were up there a week and a half ago.  I'm usually having too much fun riding to take pictures of pass signs, but I'll try to remember next time.    ;)

Greg:  Which GPS app are you using?  How well do you like it?  I'm still using Grease Pencil on wind Screen.

That app is GPS Drive, from MotionX (.99$).  I really only use it for GPS position.  They have turn by turn options, but you pay for it.

For a true GPS app, the best one i've found is FREE.  Mapquest's iphone app absolutely rocks.

Hope that helps.

What i'm really looking for is an app that i can plot my ride on using my laptop, then upload to the phone and run that route.

Greg said:
What i'm really looking for is an app that i can plot my ride on using my laptop, then upload to the phone and run that route.

Can't you plot a route on mapquest.com and then send it to your smart phone?

wally_games said:
Can't you plot a route on mapquest.com and then send it to your smart phone?

I've tried but i can't get logged into the mapquest website (and it's pissing me off). :)

Greg said:
Nice color Connie.

I like that bag.  it isn't too big, it isn't too small.  What bag is it?

Here you go Greg
http://www.motorcycle-superstore.com/1/4/71/2521/ITEM/Fieldsheer-Contour-Tank-Bag.aspx, well worth every penny and more. And it will expand higher if needed, and comes with hard fold up or down walls on the inside. Very kool. I got the one with straps, since the magnet version are not available any more.  I took the removable base and sliced the hems to insert some strong earth magnets and resealed them.  That bag ain't moving.

Cheers
Ron

From yesterday's ride,

2833016680101812480S500x500Q85.jpg

2465314280101812480S500x500Q85.jpg

2243893050101812480S500x500Q85.jpg

Not shown is Monitor Pass, 8314 ft.  I couldn't get a picture since there's no summit sign.

Well done!  I went coast bound this weekend.  660 mile loop. :)  next saturday we're riding to Virginia City.  You game?

....and R1150RT at Bear Mountain, NY. Note the color of water in the Hudson. It's light brown because of all the clay washed in by Irene... 

Attachments

• R1150RT at Bear Mountain after Irene.JPG
    R1150RT at Bear Mountain after Irene.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 94
Great pictures, all. A few years ago my brother-in-law planned a ride in California he dubbed "Riding the Passes", all in California and in a six/seven time span. We criss crossed the Sierra several times, took a few pictures, but, alas, never enough. We did Tioga Pass, Sonora Pass, Ebbettes and Monitor Passes and Carson Pass.
Taking pictures is time consuming, but , as I grow older, well worth the time spent. And it's so much fun to look at later and during the winter.
So, to those of you who pack a camera, take pictures. You won't regret it.

Ride safe,