• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

SW Winter River Run on the Calendar (Canceled)

OMoaC

As Bert would say "Come get your grunt and grog on." Just a social weekend for fun. Hotels for the non camping folk a mile up the road. Mild temps for December and scenic vistas along the Colorado River. Your ever appreciative SWAD has volunteered to make Dinner on Sat night so make sure to get registered for a good head count. Water and power at all sites. Store and Deli 1/2 mile away. Toidies and showers at the camp site. BYOB (bring your own beverage). If we get 20 registered the SW area will raffle off 5 50 dollar gift certs. Come on out and have some fun.
http://www.cog-online.org/clubportal/EventDetail.cfm?clubID=1328&EventID=195250&mo=12&tDate=%7Bd%20%272013%2D12%2D10%27%7D

Wildnphx said:
Post more details.. I cant seem to log into COG.  Where is this being held exactly...

Thanks,

Kirk
River Island par just above Parker AZ. PM me if you need help getting onto COG. I can reset your password if needed. Lemme know if you need more info and I can email to you.

Just a bump. Countdown is on. I'll be making a site reservation this weekend for those that want to split a site. C Ya There.

Old Man on a Connie said:
Just a bump. Countdown is on. I'll be making a site reservation this weekend for those that want to split a site. C Ya There.
Count me in on the site, or at least one nearby. If i don't get the connie's carbs back and installed I'll be on an old electra glide. Thats OK cause its kinda like riding a moped...it may be fun but you just don't want your friends to see you!.

Hey Folks. I've been watching the weather with fingers crossed but unfortunately I think it's time to make a decision before it's to late. Latest weather guesser report I rec'd was lows below freezing and highs in the low 50's. Just not really conducive for an outside event, so I've decided to pull the plug. Hopefully in time not to cause to many planning problems. I'll try again soon.

It wasn't looking good for me to get out of Flagstaff either.  My neighborhood roads are iced over and another snow storm due tomorrow.  Low of 8 degrees and highs around 30.  Oh well.  I do want to see that area around Parker and Lake Havasu, it's on my list.  Gonna have to wait, and warmer weather would be nice.  Mark

So you'll feel warmer....    youse there in NV and AZ that are whining about 30 degree temps........  I made the mistake of returning to Montana for the month of December (to run my shop for the holidays). OMG, we have had over a week of sub zero nights and single digit days. Like minus 20, and the HIGH today is about 4 degrees. I've never been here when it's this cold.  My elderly Honda won't start.... For the first time in 190,000 miles. A P-trap froze for the first time in the 20 years I've owned this building.  It is supposed to "warm" to 30 by next Friday. Gawd.

But I agree with you , 30 is too cold for 3 nights in a tent, not to mention riding several hours. Also, if you delay this until Jan or Feb, I may actually attend. Unless I'm in Tecopa Hot Springs. Or Desert Hot Springs. Or Tonopah hot springs. Or..... Are you catching the theme here?
But, IF and WHEN you do all meet up in Parker--- that's my winter turf since 1997, and I can suggest a few curvy roads around there. If you bring dual sports, there's GREAT off road there.

Anyone headed for the International Motorcycle Show in PHX??