• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

SW Winter River Run part Duex

OMoaC

A wonderful young Lady named Maren (also known as SHEZONIT on the forum) and her trusty sidekick DOGZONIT have graciously offered to throw open her place on Lake Havasu with floor space and camping space the weekend of Jan. 17,18,19. This very generous offer will be in conjunction with a vintage VW rally on the island http://www.busesbythebridge.com/Buses_By_The_Bridge/LONDON_BRIDGE_BULLIS.html and the annual Hot Air Balloon Festival  http://www.havasuballoonfest.com/
All offers still stand and your ever thankful AD will prepare dinner on Sat. night and if we get more than 20 coggers there will be a raffle for gift cards. With all of these other events going on it promises to be a hoot of a weekend. Let me know if interest and I'll repost on the calendar. Thanks Much Maren!

Hey Mark!  I just want to add:
"Maren has offered to throw open her TINY place for that weekend".    If we get a horde, I'll check on a rental unit close to me. The park also has tent camping and restrooms/ showers for you hardcore campers.

The VW bus thing is fun. And the balloons are lovely and float right over my place. You can do a balloon ride for $150. Or you can get a ride in an ultralight for $75. 
Oh yeah, motorcycling.....  There's a couple of day rides to do. If you bring a dual sport bike, there's off road right out of town.
I will stock the refrig with beers, foods of your choice, so you don't have to lug it in.  Hope to see ya! And there will be THREE motorcycle-riding dogs there. Dogzonit, Theo and Odie.

Well if you're bringing KLRs, I'll have my KLX250, so if anybody wants to bring their smaller bikes....
Meanwhile, I'm shoveling way too much snow up here in Montana......and Dogzonit keeps looking at me like "where are those palm trees, anyway....?"

Well, guys.....  Due to lack of major response on this..... I am going to make other plans. Maybe another time, in warmer months?
All the best--- Shezonit 

Just spoke with Shezonit. This event is still on but because of the other events grass space for camping may be limited. I'll be there. Make sure you commit soon so planning can be made. It'll be fun. Let me know with a PM or email.

PM or email me for the meet up/camping spot. I'll be there on Friday Night!  :motonoises: :great:

1 week away bump. We've got 5 or 6 coming out. Make sure you PM or email me for address. Remember I'm buying dins on Sat night!

This is too good to pass on.  The weather is cooperating here in Flagstaff. I want to join you guys and gals.  Where and when?  I can leave on friday or sat.  Mark

At the risk of teeing off my friends in colder climes  :) weather forecast for this event lows upper 40's, highs mid 70's. Half a dozen coming. What will you be doing this weekend?  :motonoises:

What a great weekend. My Sincere thanks to Maren for offering this up and being a truly awesome host. A great location, lots of activities, a great ride and some incredible people. I had great time and hope you all did too. Thanks to Jim, Craig, Rocky and Mark for coming out. It was great meeting some of you for the first time and seeing some of you again. All told 6  showed. Those that didn't are doing this right now  :-[. You missed it.

Attachments

• DSCF1087-1.JPG
    DSCF1087-1.JPG
    63.7 KB · Views: 98
  • DSCF1089-1.JPG
    DSCF1089-1.JPG
    285.7 KB · Views: 91
  • DSCF1092-1.JPG
    DSCF1092-1.JPG
    276.9 KB · Views: 84
  • DSCF1097-1.JPG
    DSCF1097-1.JPG
    212.2 KB · Views: 86
Old Man on a Connie said:
What a great weekend. My Sincere thanks to Maren for offering this up and being a truly awesome host. A great location, lots of activities, a great ride and some incredible people. I had great time and hope you all did too. Thanks to Jim, Craig, Rocky and Mark for coming out. It was great meeting some of you for the first time and seeing some of you again. All told 6  showed. Those that didn't are doing this right now  :-[. You missed it.

Sorry I missed it........My wife and I were in Gilbert, AZ. going on a Hot Air Balloon ride like the one pictured with her 87 year old dad and two year younger girlfriend. We had quite the adventure too!

Where you were is very nice this time of year! Thanks for posting pictures, Mark and I am doing this  :-[

:motonoises:  :great:

Thanks to all who came. We had fun with the campfire, pizza and wings. Old Man Mark, our fine AD,  is a party dude.

Sadly, one week later, I had to let my little motorcycle riding dog Odie go....  It was very sudden. I was glad he had fun with the campout the week before he passed. I am still in shock about it.  We buried him in the desert where he loved to roam.
Today Rocky and I took the 2 other dogs for a dual sport ride up in the hills.....

Ran into Mark B at the show Mar and heard the news. So sorry. He was a good little dude in a loose little mood and sure helped keep my lap warm the entire time in Havasu. Hope you and Rocky are doing OK

Sorry it's taken me awhile to catch up on my COG posts.
Thanks for the kind words on the loss of my dog.
And... I will have my Havasu lake shack back from the tenant on April 13, if any one wants to visit between then and April 30, it will be available.