• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Tail bags, what do you have??

cragantler

So I still love my Givi box yet with my last picture I took, I was wondering about a tail bag for short rides. Have a Tourmaster tailbag but it is over 20 years old and seen it’s better days.
So please let me know what you’ve used.
Thanks, Doug

I got the same, a GIVI mounted on an old J&R cantilevered rack I got used right after I bought the bike 22 years ago.

I've got an Eclipse Rumble Pack that I have had for years. It's expandable and holds quite a bit. Not sure they are available anymore.

Had the Eclipse saddlebags and loved them. Unpacked them last year from a box. Hadn’t opened it since we moved down only to discover the mice and/or chipmunks up North chewed them up

Chase Harper on the factory tail rack. The plastic tray on the bottom that kept the shape of the bag broke, Chase Harper sent me a new one, gratis. On trips I mount a Givi 50 something top case and put the Chase Harper on the optional Givi rack.

Visiting Seattle in 2022 my wife bought too much fabric at a quilting store. I bought a NorthFace dry bad I have used on 2 trips recently. Being her pack mule sometimes has advantages. Not for short rides but longer ones. Short rides with a meed for a talbag calls for use of an older, larger than needed tank bag mounted on the rack

tailbag.jpg

Last edited: