• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Takin' the long way home

caeman

Moped
Prepping the bike for the Florida trip today. I let Cycle Specialties take care of the dirty work for me. While there, I saw this interesting motorcycle in for maintenance.
IMG_7611.jpg
IMG_7610.jpg
Interesting bike in great condition. A 2-stroke inline twin. Once all the work was done and the money spent, time to meander home, and meander I did.
IMG_7612.jpg
IMG_7614.jpg
IMG_7616.jpg
At this point, I was quite sure where I was. I knew I was east of Indiana, north of Cinci and south of Oxford. So I stopped for a drink and to ask, "So...where is this place?"
IMG_7620.jpg
Once that question was answered, I saw this potentially amusing route to take.
IMG_7619.jpg
The turned out to be pretty boring. My area may not have mountains and extreme curves, but it does have character and charm.
IMG_7622.jpg
IMG_7614.jpg
IMG_7624.jpg
: 38k miles

Miles of boring will make charm all the more better. Texas has some of that in areas. Looks like a good day. ---------------------------------- South Central Area Director Email scad@cog-online.org
2277636501_61718d569a.jpg
<p align="left"><a href="http://www.flickr.com/photos/20211686@N05/">My Photos<br

Thank you for the pics of that Kawi. Believe it or not I forgot that I had one of those briefly when I was young. I do wish I had written down all the bikes I have had but I didn't. I had totally forgotten about that one and if I recall it was a rather forgetable piece of iron. I wonder why anyone would restore one?