• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

tall rider seat potions

und791

Big Wheel
Six foot four tall with a Sargent low profile seat on my recently acquired 08 c14. Looking for any input to increase my ride height.
Thanks

Welcome to COG Derk!!  We're glad you're here!  You might try an airhawk cushion.  Some have commented that it raised them up.  Maybe post a wanted ad in the classifieds and pick up a used one to experiment with.  Make sure to put as little air in it as possible.  Many make the mistake of over filling.  HTH

6'4" also. I have a Baldwin seat, Murph's bar risers, AST peg lowering brackets.  I used an Airhawk on my C-10 but not  on the Baldwin. No perfect solution -- yet.

Welcome.

I have an airhawk and don't think that it will raise your seat height significantly.  If you add more than a breath of air, you won't like the disconnected feeling.  I personally believe that the most inexpensive way to get a little more height is to buy a used stock seat (should be able to pick one up for less than a $100).  The airhawk when properly inflated like Bud mentioned, will increase your comfort level, though.

:motonoises:

Derk, I see ya just joined.
Sooo, welcome to the COGdom.
  Come ride with us!

I can't help much with the height thing as I'm height challenged...
But, when ya come back with some other questions, I'll add my 2 cents..

Ride safe, Ted

I'm not that tall, just long legged. My Russell Day Long is 1 1/2" taller than the stock seat, which is 2 1/2" - 3" total taller than your Sargent low. Sargent I believe is 1" - 1 1/2" lower than stock.  That would make a big difference.

I imagine the best answer is a custom after market seat.  One of the guys on here is selling his stock seat<---click.  You could use it as is to gain a little height or send it in to get customized. 

:welcome: Derk!

I have a Sargent low profile on my 14, but at 6-1 and 32 inseam, it is darn near perfect for me.

I'm jealous of you taller guys...you have a better view of the imbecile cagers texting. :021: