• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

tank 1/2 Bra

greg.m784

Street Cruiser
Do the 1/2 bra's screw off the paint?  I would keep it well waxed, and obviously clean between rides. 

Targa or Kawi...

0000-Targa-Half-Tank-Cover-Black.jpg

P1000737.jpg

My other idea was one of these, clear, so it wouldn't be too visible.  I just don't want belt buckles & jacket zippers hitting the paint.

31M75hjqpSL._SS500_.jpg

I've had  a Targa on my '95 since '96 and 115,000 miles. The only indication of paint wear is at the bottom where the plastic channel clips around the seam on the bottom of the tank.

I've had a Targa on my '08 since new with no obvious wear issues, yet.

BTW, the Targa for the C10 looks similar to the Connie logo'd one, but the sides come all the way down to the where the under seat panels meet the tank. It also doesn't use the elastic cord around the steering crown like the Kawi one.

Thanks for the reply.  Would you recommend the Targa piece over the Kawi one?  Assuming the Kawi one is still available.

I've had both the Targa and tha Connie (Lockhart Phillips) tank bra's and prefer the LP. The LP is a bit more fidgity to put on and remove, but there are work arounds. The Targa, for me at least, always had wrinkles where the tank meets the side cover. It didn't matter what I did to resolve it, the wrinkles were always there. The LP bra fits more snugly, which may be part of the difficulty in getting it on and off, but in my opinion looks and is made better than the Targa. I always remove it to wash and anytime it gets wet, water trapped in the liner of the bra can fog the paint if left in the sun to bake.

I had a Targa on the 03, which I liked a lot. But that one is long gone. So I bought a barely used OEM accessory bra that I haven't installed on the 86 yet. Maybe today!  :)

I have 2Linby's now.  I have to figure out the best install method.  Pull tank?  figures, it is jsut about full. :mad: