• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Tank bag

EddieM

Alright...I'm looking for a new tank bag. I currently have two, a smallish Nelson-Rigg and a HUGE Cargo Endurance that I took to Frisco, CO two years ago. It's almost too big. Well, it IS too big! Looking for something between the two. Y'all have any preferences? (boy, what a stupid question!) Fire when ready! Thanks. Eddie COG Marketing Asst. Sanford, FL 2005 Concours 1969 Triumph Bonneville AMA# 686667 COG# 7073 CDA# 0136 http://picasaweb.google.com/Eddie753

I've got a Chase Harper that I've had for a loooooong time. So long that I don't even remember how big it is; I think it's around 1150cc max. It's a strap-on, not a magnetic though. Shoot me a PM.

Choices for Tank bags are subjective but I've been happy with my Cortech Super 18 magnetic bag. Not as big as some others but everything I need to carry in my bag fits including a 1 liter camelback type water bag. The bag comes with a seperate bag to hold the bladder and small outside clip for the nozzel. Lots of compartments for glasses, tire guages, media players, cell phone wallet and it also comes with soft extra shield holder the fits in the curvature of the bag. The bag is slightly expandable. Like I said I carry a lot of extra stuff in this bag and it doesn't look like 2 boxes stacked on each other. Also has a map holder on top and a built in rain cover. I have no connection with the maker of the bags just been happy with mine. Pack light, move fast.

Hey Eddie, If'n you weren't off playing at the beach instead of attending another Central Floriduh RTE, you couldda seen this one mounted on my bike. http://www.newenough.com/parts/closeouts/luggage/nelson_rigg/cl350_large_magnetic_motorcycle_tank_bag.html I really liked my Held bag, but it was just done. Faded, velcro shot, window cracking, material getting weak. It's served me well. Wish I could have replaced with the same. This one seems decent, a touch bigger than that Held, and it does expand up about 2". One concern i have is that the expansion area is on the bottom, could make things kinda wiggly if you take some stuff out and don't shorten the bag. Just a guess, haven't tried it yet. Magnets work well, the zippers are nice and smooth, and it's guaranteed for life, what ever that means. If you're not in a big hurry to get one, just come over to the RTE on the 14th of August, or hell, ride over and look at it this weekend. I'm fixin to go on about 55-6500 mile ride, leaving the 9th, I'll be gone for two weeks. Gonna vist a few of the New England folks, then head up and pester Canadian Steve and Jackie for a couple-three days, before heading to MN, via the top of Lake Superior. Should be a good trip to see how this bag actually woks out. OH, and it's only $54+shipping.

Thanks for the replies, guys. I guess I never realized how many different bags there are out there. Steve, that Nelson-Rigg looks pretty nice. I also found a Rapid Transit bag that's nice, but I'd like to see one in person before pulling the trigger. Can't find one local though. Thanks for the offer to come for a looky, but I've got stuff going on all weekend. I'll just muddle through with one of these for the trip to Tomah. Maybe with some creative packing I can use my smaller Nelson-Rigg. Eddie COG Marketing Asst. Sanford, FL 2005 Concours 1969 Triumph Bonneville AMA# 686667 COG# 7073 CDA# 0136 http://picasaweb.google.com/Eddie753

Hey Eddie, the Kawhonyamsuz dealer 3-4 miles from my house stocks Rapid Transits, FYI. Have fun on the 4th.