• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Tank protectors/bras?

DHarvey

Big Wheel
I'm sure this has been covered before but my search for both tank protectors and tank bras returned zippo.
Bought a new C14 2010 about a month ago.. have put 1400 miles on it and discovered the need for some kind of tank protector to both keep me from sliding forward and just to keep the scratches off the tank.

Any suggestions? Thanks in advance.

There are different ways to go. Some like the full tank bra, some the smaller protectors like the tech spec (discount offer in the manufacturer section below), and some like the clear protector. I prefer the tank bra. Either a targa bra or the MagKnight magnetic bra. I used a color matched MagKnight on my bike and really liked it. Of course you need to install that when it's warm out. And it may take some adjusting as it slowly forms to the bike. But shortly after you couldn't tell I had anything on my bike.
I don't like smaller things like the Tech spec becasue it allows areas unprotected the a zipper or such can scratch.

I am way happy with this product and they were offering a discount recently (search Tech Spec on this forum).  http://techspec-usa.com/product_info.php?cPath=1_17&products_id=142
8)