• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

** Texas gets April MotoGP date!! **

I felt like if I can ever prove that we can get tickets cheap enough and I can find a suitable venue for camping in the area or in the infield that I could host a COG GP weekend here in Austin.

April is a great time for riding down here.  We usually have the best wildflowers in April or May.  Weather is always interesting that time of year but usually about as good as it gets between the storms.

smithr-scad said:
I felt like if I can ever prove that we can get tickets cheap enough and I can find a suitable venue for camping in the area or in the infield that I could host a COG GP weekend here in Austin.

April is a great time for riding down here.  We usually have the best wildflowers in April or May.  Weather is always interesting that time of year but usually about as good as it gets between the storms.

Sounds like a great idea for a 'long weekend' type of seasonal gathering!  I will be visiting Austin on a work trip the week after Thanksgiving; I hope to be able to do a drive-by of the new track and get to know the area a bit.

I am still researching this but at this price do you think I can get enough frugal COGers to come for an event weekend?

Tickets for the MotoGP event at Circuit of The Americas go on sale Oct. 16, 2012, will range in price from $133 to $199 and be available for purchase through Ticketmaster. Patrons with Circuit of The Americas Personal Seat Licenses will receive price discounts on MotoGP tickets. For more information, visit www.CircuitofTheAmericas.com/tickets.

Outstanding, though the Nov. 16-18 F1 date works better for me.  Never seen a F1 race so this looks like a good excuse for a road trip.