• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Thanks Steve ecu flash and black widow exhaust recommendation

Status
Not open for further replies.

adarianbarr2184

New to group and to concours14. 2012.
The bike came with a modified exhaust. It just didn’t seem to run right. I contacted Steve about flashing the ECU. He asked about the exhaust then had me measured the diameter. After measuring he said those are too big. He then recommended that I replace it with the Black widow exhaust. To make this short. It all worked out perfectly. Shifts are easier. Highway cruising is fun. In town driving is a joy.

Do you know what header was on the bike when you got it?
If it's what I suspect, some may want to purchase it from you.

NOTE: I also use a header with a small head-pipe design. {not a Black Widow}
It works well for me.
Steve's Mountain Runner Premium Flash made it work a "lot" better..

Ride safe, Ted

Do you know what header was on the bike when you got it?
If it's what I suspect, some may want to purchase it from you.

NOTE: I also use a header with a small head-pipe design. {not a Black Widow}
It works well for me.
Steve's Mountain Runner Premium Flash made it work a "lot" better..

Ride safe, Ted
No. I have no idea which Kawasaki bike it came from.

I think you made the right choice with the Black Widow,
as I think the small head pipes and Tri Y design is optimal for a C-14.
(Some others prefer different)

With a bit more information we can determine what the original header was.

If it has slightly larger than stock head pipes, 2 muffler ports, and no Cat; it probably is an OEM header from a 2007-2008 ZX-14.
If it has slightly larger than stock head pipes, 2 muffler ports, and has a Cat; it probably is an OEM header from a 2009-2011 ZX-14.
If it has large head pipes, 2 muffler ports, and no Cat; it probably is an OEM header from a 2012 - 2015 ZX-14R.
If it has large head pipes, 2 muffler ports, and has a Cat; it probably is an OEM header from a 2016 and up ZX-14R.

If it had large head pipes, 2 muffler ports, and no Cat; it is (also) possibly an aftermarket header. (Muzzy or Delkevic)
If it had large head pipes, 1 muffler port, and no Cat; it is probably an aftermarket header. (Area P, Delkevic, Yoshimira, other)
If aftermarket, someone might want it.

Ride safe, Ted

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.